Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow i plan on bedding my new green mountain barrel and my revival stock. I got the VQ system and it seems fairly dummy proof. All I do is sand the barrel channel until there is no connection between the stock and barrel. Then drill a hole for the metal piece and place the thin pad one inch away from the end of the barrel channel.

Am I understanding correctly?
and can I expect I good amount of sanding?

sorry I'm still learning

·
Registered
438 Posts
I use a dremel on the barrel channel. 1 minute job that way. Clearance doesn't matter...except for appearance. I don't use VQ's bedding system, I make pillars myself on a lathe. But I open the channel, install the pillar (with JB Weld epoxy) and then apply a sealant to the sanded areas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
one of the reasons I was asking is because I also installed a VQ takedown screw. The screw was barely long enough before I put the pillar in. It looks like it will be way too short after the pillar is in place. However, it might fit after the sanding

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.