Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to Walmart today and picked up a new Walmart Special. They had 4 in stock but this was the last one with a metal trigger assembly and the clear mag. All the others had the plastic trigger and black mags. The idiot behind the counter made the ordeal last about an hour.

I was actually thinking about doing some super stock mods on my existing stainless 10/22. It's been beat to tar while **** hunting and is about as ugly as they get but decided to get the walmart special instead.

Here's my quandry: On my guns that I mount a scope on, I really dislike having the open sights also. I prefer the look of a clean smooth barrel. I do love the long barrel on the WWS but am thinkin about having the barrel cut down by 1" to remove the front site. Objections, pros or cons?

Or is there a long(ish) sporter barrel without sites that I can mount on the WWS and park the original barrel in the gun cabinet (possibly sell?)

OK, now part 2: If I did that I'd like to remove the rear sight also. Is there a source for a pre-fit stainless block to fill the v-notch left from removing the rear sight?

Thanks all,
CB

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
After market sporter barrel

I found a new old stock Midway sporter barrel, then a clean carbine and, finally, a Wally World stock. Makes for a nice package, although the receiver/trigger are black. Just check out Midway. You can probably pick up a match sporter barrel for about $80 or so. Simple drop-in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.