Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a 35 year lull since I shot rimfires but am addicted once again. Took the new & old Varmint MTRs back to the range this morning and was humbled to say the least by the Tack Driving Game 50 yrd. target. I shot some re-do's at the same circles but who cares I had a fun time. Both scopes were only sighted for Norma Tac22 so shot 3 rows with it and guesstimated with Fed AM and CCI SV. Federal AM was so far off on the old rifle I didn't shoot it, next time I'll adjust the scopes for each brand ammo and try again. Both rifles are so much more accurate than me and my old age shakes but they're keepers for sure.

Water Liquid Fluid Font Moisture

Water Liquid Fluid Font Moisture

·
Registered
210 Posts
It has been a 35 year lull since I shot rimfires but am addicted once again. Took the new & old Varmint MTRs back to the range this morning and was humbled to say the least by the Tack Driving Game 50 yrd. target. I shot some re-do's at the same circles but who cares I had a fun time. Both scopes were only sighted for Norma Tac22 so shot 3 rows with it and guesstimated with Fed AM and CCI SV. Federal AM was so far off on the old rifle I didn't shoot it, next time I'll adjust the scopes for each brand ammo and try again. Both rifles are so much more accurate than me and my old age shakes but they're keepers for sure.

View attachment 311987

View attachment 311988
@1Rudedawg, if it’s any consolation, those are like my targets even on my best days. To have fun is why I keep going back to the range hoping that someday it’ll all come together

·
Premium Member
59,098 Posts
The Tack driving game requires a throughly sorted rifle and ammunition combination shot off a solid rest, it has humbled the best of us in the past. 😉

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Tack driving game requires a throughly sorted rifle and ammunition combination shot off a solid rest, it has humbled the best of us in the past. 😉
That's for certain and sure. When I bought the 2 CZ's from my dealer buddy placed each in one of his custom one piece competition rests and we shot some of his Lapua, SK & RWS R50 along with my RWS R50, that was all she wrote on some ARA target dots. My run of the mill setup plus the ammo I throw down range will never match that but it's cheap thrills for sure without dipping into the savings.:)
However, he has a couple of spare used super solid one piece competition rests and may part with one of them one day.:whistle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts