Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I received my new VQ Wednesday. I mounted the scope and took her to the range. I only had CCI's and it doesn't like them very much as far as accuracy goes. I fed her some Remington's yesterday and it was much better. I've got a question for experienced VQ owners. Did your rifle settle down accuracy-wise after a couple hundred rounds? This baby seems to shoot better the more I shoot it, but I can still shoot rings around it with my dad's 17V (with factory trigger no less) Maybe I'm just so used to bolt guns that I'm not comfortable with the semi yet. Anyway when I get some Hornady's I'll do a side by side test with all three brands and let you guys know how it turns out. One more question. How often do you clean yours, and do you ever use the brush, especially in this early stage? Well I lied two more questions, is it possible to adjust the trigger, or will it void the warranty?

thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Wisecane,
NEVER use a brush in your VQ, it will void the warranty. USE a patchworm. You should have gotten a cleaning kit with the rifle. They ship with an Otis Cleaning kit And cleaning instructions.
I would suggest cleaning it real good and treating the bore with "Moly Fusion", it's makes cleaning a lot easier.. Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, in the owner's manual it says that using a brush from the MUZZLE end will void the warranty. My cleaning kit came with a brush attachment as well as patch holder. I fully intend to do the molyfusion thing, hopefully it will help.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Welcome to another new Volquartsen shooter! I got mine in February and it does seem to be settling down. At each range session, the groups are getting a little smaller. I've only put a few hundreded rounds through it so far and that's not enought to fully break it in.

Volquartsen does not recomend the use of a bore brush in their 22lr barrels. Check out the 'sticky' post on the barrel section for Volquartsen.

Hope you are as pleased with yours as much as I am with mine.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.