Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Skip Woody said:
Has anyone heard that Ruger will be releasing soon ( weeks ) factory guns chambered for both the Mach II and .17 HMR? :t
Welcome to RFC!

Those rumors have been around for quite some time (2003?). Ruger did have a 10/17 (.17HMR) auto-loading rifle displayed in their 2004 catalog. No one ever saw a production model. That model is absent from their 2005 catalog. Some people here (myself included) have contact Ruger customer service. "No firm production date" is the standard answer you will get. I've not heard of a production .17hm2.

If you have a reliable source for your rumor, please let us know more.

This is a copy of the 2004 Ruger catalog:

One other note: Ruger does have a Single Six in production that will shoot .17hmr & .17hm2. It has a convertible cylinder.

·
Registered
134 Posts
gsonnenmd said:
I have the 2005 Ruger catalog sitting if front of me. I don't see it.
Just got mine out and there it is on page 13 10/17RBR first on on the list.......and I just got a used 22WMR today to convert :) like it make a deference when its done.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
jweinsteiger said:
Just got mine out and there it is on page 13 10/17RBR first on on the list.......and I just got a used 22WMR today to convert :) like it make a deference when its done.
Funny thing: My 2005 print catalog doesn't have it listed. I then went to the Ruger web site. I downloaded their .PDF 2005 catalog. YOU ARE CORRECT: it is listed on page 13.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
next yr maybe

:D :D I love everytime the MFGRs claim to be having something new out in six month... :rolleyes: Ruger is one of the worst for lagging behind production dates on new guns, Anyone in the business remember taking deposits on the "NEW" P 85 9MM ..way back when . You will have plenty of time to save the greenies for it. :D :D i'm sure they will have one .just to keep from losing it all to the aftermarket. --Jim-- just don't get to all excited right yet. :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
There is the typical year lag from the time something is shown in the rags till the time they actually hit the distributors. I'm not holding onto my breath on this one.

My 2005 catalog does not have it listed on Page 13 either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.