Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
979 Posts
It's been worse. Some overflow occurs when I get on a binge. Scopes, rifles, ammo or handguns.
Wife asks me to pump the brakes occasionally. Lol. View attachment 345685 View attachment 345686
In terms of that work area, compared to yours mine is an absolute mess. I clean it all up and it looks nice, then its back to a mess a few weeks later. Not sure what my problem is...but pretty sure I'm just too lazy to police the area every time:). Shame on me.... Regarding the MPR, very nice rifle. I had a chance to buy a new MPR when Anschutz was offering them with stainless barrels installed, but ended up buying a new 1903 at the same shop instead. Had both in my hands at the time, but walked out with the 1903. NOT sure exactly what I was thinking:unsure:. Mainly, it was that the 1903 was a "single-shot" action and that aspect appealed to me at the time. I have come to regret that decision over the years. The 1903 shoots well enough, love the trigger (same as the MPR?) but this one has been cursed with the well documented Anschutz ejection problem. I have been unable to "cure" it 100% despite numerous attempts and new parts, so I just live with it now. It does involve some cussing almost every time I use it though. I'm not one that gives up easily, but this ejection problem has just confounded me. Maybe I'll work on it again some time down the road. My apologies to all for the thread drift.

You're not kidding about the scope clearance on yours---that's about one playing card worth, if that:eek:? Hey, like you said its not touching so of course try it that way. Give us a range report when you have the time. I'm sure she's gonna shoot just fine.

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Air gun Recreation Shooting Machine gun Machine
Orange Asphalt Road surface Balloon Ball
Asphalt Font Landscape Art Road surface
Wood Circle Font Hardwood Recreation
Insect Balloon Asphalt Wall Circle
Well I won't claim I was doing a good job today but it has potential. A little windy and the sun becomes an issue this time of year but no excuse works.
Love the trigger and it will shoot better when I do my part. Norma Tac22 Black Box. 50yds
I'll try again when it's cloudy.

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try shooting it with some quality ammo such as Lapua Center X or some of the higher end RWS. I think you'll see much better results.
Only had about a 1/2 hour to shoot so ammo testing will come later. It would have been a waste of my SK & Eley today. It'll get there.
Norma Tac has been a solid performer in most of my rifles so far.

· Registered
49 Posts
View attachment 346201 View attachment 346202 View attachment 346203 View attachment 346204 View attachment 346205 Well I won't claim I was doing a good job today but it has potential. A little windy and the sun becomes an issue this time of year but no excuse works.
Love the trigger and it will shoot better when I do my part. Norma Tac22 Black Box. 50yds
I'll try again when it's cloudy.
Only had about a 1/2 hour to shoot so ammo testing will come later. It would have been a waste of my SK & Eley today. It'll get there.
Norma Tac has been a solid performer in most of my rifles so far.

· Banned
28 Posts
I have a 64MPR myself, I bought it new when they first came out. It's a great shooter with RWS R50 ammo. I'm just glad to see the value has gone up so much, almost doubled what I paid for it. I don't plan on selling it though. Very nice setup you have with yours.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts