Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to All:

Great forum. I've been reading for hours! Lots of good stuff here. I have a Lux that I bought two years ago because I wanted the iron sights and I like the looks of it. After trying to shoot it with "old" eyes, I have given up using the iron and mounted a scope. As many posts mention, the drop of the stock is a little too much for good scope shooting. I would like to trade my Lux stock for an American version, if anyone is interested, or possibly even trade entire rifle for a clean Varmint model.

My experience is that in factory stock rigs nothing will shoot with the CZ. Even lots of the hot-rod 10/22s can't beat it. A very nice shooter.

Thanks for the great forum ... ReedG

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcom to RFC! Your lux will not fit into an American stock due to the lux having a barrel lug. The American versions do not have this lug. The .22lr and HM2 Varmint models do have a barrel lug, but the barrel lug setup on these rifles are different than the lux barrel lug. Have you thought of putting a strap on cheekpad for a better cheek weld? There are several available in varying heights, so you can match it better with your scope.

Chunckchucker

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I think the only difference is the sight ramp, but I haven't got a LR varmint to compare it to. Maybe someone will chime in here that has both and tried a lux in a varmint stock.

Chunckchucker

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I don't have both, but I did buy a used Varmint stock to put on a Lux. There is quite a gap along both sides of the lux barrel, but as "Recumbent" told me "at least it is floated". With this setup I can use the iron sights, but a scope is much better. Because I like my scopes mounted low, I did have to remove the rear sight blade and elevator. The rifle rides the bags much better with the wide forearm.

BTW; Lots a luck finding anyone wanting to part with a varmint stock. I think I got lucky

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer, Recumbent, but haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do just yet. Looks like it would be best to sell the Lux and buy a Varmint right now. I put an old 6-24x Tasco on my Lux yesterday, which wouldn't hold zero on a varmint rifle anymore, and proceeded to shoot some groups at 50 yards that impressed me. Shooting CCI Blazer bulk ammo, this little CZ will easily shoot 5-shot groups in the .300s to .500s. Can't wait to see what happens when my Wolf Match ammo comes.

Now, if only I could do something with the stock .........

·
Registered
793 Posts
I read several posts here about mounting peep sights on the receiver. I wish someone made a sight that would mount on the CZ receiver I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The American has 2 action screws and the Lux-Trainer-Special has one action screw and one barrel screw, don't know about the Full Stock or Basic models, the Shiloulette has 1 action screw and one barrel screw and all my Varmints have one action screw and one barrel screw except for my 17 mach 2 Varmint which has 2 action screws.
Confused yet? I am.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
To make it even worse I saw a Varmint at the range today in 17HMR with 2 action screws, really confusing, why don't they just make all the varmints with 2 action screws.

DWARREN123 said:
The American has 2 action screws and the Lux-Trainer-Special has one action screw and one barrel screw, don't know about the Full Stock or Basic models, the Shiloulette has 1 action screw and one barrel screw and all my Varmints have one action screw and one barrel screw except for my 17 mach 2 Varmint which has 2 action screws.
Confused yet? I am.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.