Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1517MPR on the way, thought I'd jump on this forum and pledge allegience! Any tips on my yet to arrive annie? I'll be using BKL rings, a Zeiss 6-20 conquest that I have. How about a link to the 8rd mags I've heard about but can't find yet? Thanks!

· Registered
427 Posts
If you don't have the BKL's in your hand I'd suggest you try something else.
Their ability to deliver product in a timely manner tends to be horrible UNLESS the style you want happens to be in stock. Their handling of e-mails and answering of the phone is usually non-existant!

· Premium Member
58,033 Posts
If you don't have the BKL's in your hand I'd suggest you try something else.
Their ability to deliver product in a timely manner tends to be horrible UNLESS the style you want happens to be in stock. Their handling of e-mails and answering of the phone is usually non-existant!
All that and you don't even know where he ordered them from, I love it! However if you ordered direct from BKL he may be correct! Brownell's or Arizona Airguns or a couple of others and you're good.

Gerald

· Registered
197 Posts
The only tip I can give you is this......Be ready to pick your jaw up when you open the box......The rifle will be more than you expected. The trigger will be wonderful right out of the box. The stain and bluing will be as good as it can be. They even give you all the tools you need to put it together.

You have made an excellent choice. Enjoy it!

· Registered
2,758 Posts
If you're getting the most current model with the rail on the bottom, get a good handstop and a good sling (and possibly a good glove and coat). Practice up on some riflemanship with position shooting.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I rec'd the rings in a week directly from BKL so I'm good there. Also picked up a cleaning rod guide and a fixed sling stud attachmentfor the rail. Should be picking it up this wednesday, I'll post pics later this week!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.