Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New Sponsor

1307 Views 35 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  eljay
Hi,

My name is Mike Tuite and I've been a member of this forum since the beginning of this year. RFC has quickly become my favorite site and it's fueled my interest in 10/22's. So far, I've only built three, but I'm working on more as quickly as I can!

Because my company makes a product that fits here, I've become a sponsor. Hopefully, that'll turn out to be good for the forum, the members and my company.

You may have seen the new banner for CorrosionX For Guns in the sponsors' area. That's me. The product is outstanding as a cleaner, lubricant, penetrant and protectant. Other than the quote below, I'll save you the sales pitch and just ask you to visit our site.

Here's some of what Chris Christian said about CorrosionX in Gun World Magazine:

"Unfortunately, .22 rimfire semi-auto pistols happen to be one of the more difficult firearm designs to keep functioning in a reliable manner. And the same also applies to semi-auto rimfire rifles …

I believe I have found a better lube than (Rem Oil, Tetra Gun and others.) CorrosionX is a relatively new product using some very high-tech ingredients. Those components surface bond with metal, form a self-healing shield and resist wearing extremely well.

I finished (a) 500-round brick of Green Tag (in my competition Mark II) without a single lubrication-related malfunction. At the end of that brick, the gun was still purring right along … and after 500 rounds of lead match ammo, the action was quite clean and the gun was still running smoothly.

As a plus, CorrosionX does marvelous things to the rust that seems to grow on my guns … This is, without a doubt, the best surface metal protectant I have ever used."
Our Web site carries Chris' full article as well as others. I hope you'll be interested.

Thanks for your attention. It's great to be here.

Mike
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Markbo,

PM me your name and address and we'll get some samples out to you. Same for anyone else who'd like to try CorrosionX.

Thanks for your interest.

Mike

· Registered
3,500 Posts
Mike,

First WELCOME TO RFC!!!

I have a gun which might make for a good test. I haven't shot IPSC for a number of years but still have my old race gun. Its a Para-Ordance 38 Super which when I was competing never recieved a finish beyond cold blueing. Keep in mind race guns generally get changes on a regular basis so most guys don't get them finished or plated unless they have cash to blow. Anyway the gun does after sitting in the closet for a while get a little rust built up on it and I clean it off and every few years I've striped it down and redone the cold blueing, but this isn't something that is going to stop rust. So do you think it would work well on the finished surfaces? Main problem is on the checkered mainspring housing ....... some guys used to say with my hands touching a gun causing rust are like Midas turning things to gold with his touch!

Dave Z.

· Registered
105 Posts
Sample

Mike,

I would like a sample of your product if possible. I'm currently using Inhibitor and before that I used Break Free (which I still use to some extent). I felt I got a little better rust protection with the Inhibitor but not the the cleaning/lubricating qualities of Break Free. I will be curious to see how your product compares.

Ryan Rodts
5468 Peacock Rd.
Leslie, MI 49251

Regards,

Ryan

Miketuite said:
Markbo,

PM me your name and address and we'll get some samples out to you. Same for anyone else who'd like to try CorrosionX.

Mike

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gmcfixer,

I'd be very surprised if you're not happy with CorrosionX. If your race gun has rust on it now, put a little CorrosionX on and let it sit for a couple of minutes. The rust will come off on a rag. Wipe on another VERY light coat, and you won't see rust again for years,if ever.

We have a lot of serious collectors who are using CorrosionX for long-term storage. You did PM me your name and address, right?

Mike

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rrwildlife,

Samples are on the way. You'll be happy with CorrosionX as a protectant, cleaner and lubricant. A lot of guys in Iraq are having their wives, sweethearts or parents buy CorrosionX and send it over to them. Break Free isn't very popular in the desert.

Thanks,

Mike

· Registered
3,341 Posts
CorrosionX

I for one am very happy to see you and your product here at RFC!!!!!!! Your company makes what I believe is the all around best lube product ever invented! I bought a can after reading a magazine ad several years ago and I am still using that same can! The stuff goes on forever! Your product is the greatest!!

Regards Dave

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dr. Mongoose,

Thank you for your endorsement. I very much appreciate it. You've hit on our biggest marketing problem. The darn stuff lasts too long!

Regards,

Mike

· Registered
431 Posts
Miketuite...

I have been using the sample you sent to me with one of the trigger groups you had me work over several months back and it is some great stuff.
Thanks for all of your business, I hope all of your trigger groups are still running great.

Joe W.

· Registered
3,500 Posts
Talk about fast, sent PM thursday and had a package with the samples saturday. Going to give it a good workout over the next few weeks, tried it on the 10/22 yesterday and it worked well. Going to get the Para out of hiding and clean it up and give it a shot on the finished surface for a longer trail run. Thanks Mike I'll keep everyone updated!

Dave Z.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.