Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
firepower,

sorry, cant help you on those guns, but you may wanna check out the respective forums in "other rimfire guns" where you can browse, search, or ask more pertinent questions. probably more help than this "open rimfire" forum. just a thought.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
High end and low end options

I wanted match grade semi-auto reliability, match grade quality, and match grade accuracy, so I bought a Volquartsen. You will get what you pay for. When it arrives, all you have to do is pull a patch through the barrel and start shooting. They are "one-hole wonderguns," but at a premium price.

...but if you are on a budget, then you may want to look at either a used or new Remington 552. If you do a search in the Remington forum you will be hard pressed to find ANY negative remarks about it. The 597 is a different story.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got my 10/22 to shoot a 249-10x at 25 yards and a 233-5x at 50. Perfect score on the USBR target is 250-25x, but even the guys with custom bolt guns can't do that at 50 unless the stars allign just right.

If I ever get around to selling the factory stock and barrel, I'll have less than $1000 into it. autoloader has outshot me (so far) with his 10/22, and he said he has less that $450 into his.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.