Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New Scope

502 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Hulk
Okay, if I were to buy a new scope and mount it on my 54 match, what would you go with to shoot BR?

Charlie
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,463 Posts
Depends on your budget, Charlie. The 45X Leupold Cabug suggested is a great scope if you can afford it (about $800). You can buy a Weaver T36 for about half that & really I don't think the Leu. is twice as good.

· Registered
372 Posts
CZ,
You might try looking over on benchrest com . There seems to be a mix over there. Some like weaver, a few sightron, a few like leupold. You will find just about every make out there being shot. From what i have read most go for weaver. They say it is more consistant with adjustments then leupold.

· Registered
43 Posts
Leupold

Charlie,

Talk to guys that work on scopes every day, Cecil Tucker and others. Sightrons are fine, Weavers are good and Leupold is the best. The Competition series from 35X through 45X are the latest. A used BR36X-D in really excellent condition can be for the budget conscious. Benchrest takes a financial commitment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.