Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New scope

750 Views 21 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  ftstinyc
Today around 1:30 eastern time I ordered a new Bushnell elite 3200 from the
optic Zone. I already have the tracking number and the scope is on it's way.
According to UPS it should be here on friday. Best part is that the scope is
a full $50.00 cheaper than 3 other places that I looked. Unless they don't have
what you want why would you shop anywhere else? This is great service in
my book. I will be buying more in the future.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that Hawkeye. My experiences with them have been just the opposite. I've never had to wait over 24 hours for an e-mail response. And they have done some Special Order stuff for me as well. I've had great service from them.

· Vendor
685 Posts
Hawk,

I went back and looked at all our email on 8-10 and there was none that I did not respond to. Maybe it got lost in cyber space somewhere. If we did received it, may be deleted it by mistake and did not even notice that we did. With all the spam and junk email we get, it may have got lost in the mix. Or I can blame it on the wife. :D Sorry about that. If you would, can you please send it to me and I will answer it right a way?

Thanks,

· Registered
134 Posts
Question

Her is the question I had,

I am interested in a scope with a Mildot retile for prairie dog shooting. Very interested in Nikon 4.5x14x40 SF or Bushnell Elite 3200 7-21x40. Possibly a Legend 5-15x40.

Any thoughts on these or other possibilities? Not interested in any Muellers with illuminated reticule.
I am wanting the thinnest or finest reticule.

Thank you,
I have read some things about the Nikon's center crosshair being heavy. Read somwhere that the Bushnell"s is "finer". Have lately be reading about Burris' Ballistic plex. I want something that won't cover a Prairie dog at 300 yds but still has some reference points for wingage and elevation.

I can't seem to save enough money for the Leupold with the varmint hunters reticle.

Thanks much,
Hawkeye

· Vendor
685 Posts
Hawkeye,

I went back and looked for that particular question and we never did receive it. That is one thing that is bad with email and the internet. Most of them you get, but there is alway those couple that never seem to show up.

I personally believe that the Nikon Buckmaster is a nicer scope than the Elite 3200. I just think the Nikon has slightly better optics. Also, the Side Focus is a nice feature that has become very popular and a little more convenient. I just took at look at the reticles and the Nikon center crosshair is thinner than the Bushnell and about the same as the Burris. Hopefully this helps you out. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Again, sorry for the confusion on the email.

Thanks,

· Registered
134 Posts
Thank you very much,

I've about settled on the Nikon. The Optic Zone has the best prices I can find and I can see you are serious about service. You will get my order soon. My new .221 Remington Fireball looks naked without a scope.

Three kids in college this year but my supervisor told me there will be overtime the whole monthh of September.

Thanks again,
Hawkeye

· Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The problem that I had with Nikon is that I wanted a scope to put on a 22
and the Nikon does not go down under 50yds with the AO. That is the main
reason I went with the Bushnell they go down to 10 yds. BTW I got my 3200
today. Very nice I must say.

· Registered
4,048 Posts
I just today got a Bushnell Elite 4200 8-32x40, Multi-X from the Optic Zone. Just ordered it a week ago and inspite of UPS's best efforts to distroy it the scope came through in great shape. They are a good company to do business with.

I've got it mounted on a brand new Anschutz 64M and looking forward to the range!

Keeley

· Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
whiskerbuscuit said:
Got the new 6x-18 sf nikon in today. I't will focus down to 25yds on 16 power it looks very good. It still looks good at 18 power, But there is a little difference between them. I't is a very good looking scope, I will sight it in tommorrow.
The more you turn down the power the
clearer it will get at closer ranges but you are not eleminating the parallax and
must keep your head centered to get a clear picture. I have 4x18x42 S&W
scope that only go's down to 50yds with the AO but i can get a pretty clear
picture closer if I turn down the power. This is the same as a scope without
AO to get a clear picture you can use lower power at closer ranges. Most
hunting scopes have the parallax set a 100 yds or more but you can still shoot
them at 50 or less. The reason for AO is to eleminate the parallax at a given
distance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.