Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and yes,sports fan, I had to get the Dremel tool out and grind away part of the safety face before I could operate the safety. I took it to the range this AM (before I received the trigger) and I got one 1/2" group and one 9/16" group out of four groups at 100yds. The other two groups were nothing. (Bad trigger groups) Can't wait to get this baby to the range now! I was shooting CCI maxi-Vs 40gr. TMJs. And my 1/2" group was inside the 10 ring!
I almost hated to take the action loose to install the new trigger, dig?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...and then...

...not knowing how much Loc-tite came out of the tube at one time, yours truly fills the trigger mechanism with Loc-tite. Guess how the new trigger worked then! Many squirts of WD-40 and many hours later I am about to get back to where the trigger resets itself and isn't glued stiff. Anyone ever notice that Rifle Basix never tells which direction to turn the weight of pull screw to determine trigger pull weight? Somebody tell me, please.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
remarks

...and yes,sports fan, I had to get the Dremel tool out and grind away part of the safety face before I could operate the safety. I took it to the range this AM (before I received the trigger) and I got one 1/2" group and one 9/16" group out of four groups at 100yds. The other two groups were nothing. (Bad trigger groups) Can't wait to get this baby to the range now! I was shooting CCI maxi-Vs 40gr. TMJs. And my 1/2" group was inside the 10 ring!
I almost hated to take the action loose to install the new trigger, dig?
I have the 925M and the new trigger design by Marlin is very fine with this rifle. This rifle I got at a Wal Mart for a song and dance. It is a very fine rifle that shoots into an inch easily at 50 yards with a leaning over the car roof position.
I am sorry ur trigger was needing some work--i have heard of this happening. I assure you that my 925 is one rifle (cheap as it is) I will hang on to!

·
Registered
45 Posts
...not knowing how much Loc-tite came out of the tube at one time, yours truly fills the trigger mechanism with Loc-tite. Guess how the new trigger worked then! Many squirts of WD-40 and many hours later I am about to get back to where the trigger resets itself and isn't glued stiff. Anyone ever notice that Rifle Basix never tells which direction to turn the weight of pull screw to determine trigger pull weight? Somebody tell me, please.
Its pretty easy to find out. When you screw it in your compressing the trigger spring thus increasing the trigger pressure and vise versa.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So at the range...

...I loose off a couple of rounds and when I close the bolt on the next one,and lean over the stock to look through the scope, the rifle fires, two seconds after the bolt closes! And I WAS NOT touching the trigger. And the sear adjustment screw is backed out and doesn't touch anything. So I set the trigger to 1lb. 14 oz. (1.5 lbs. was too light anyway) and so far have not had any repeat performances. Do you guys think I've solved the problem? Anybody else have an RB trigger that the sear and trigger slip on? Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am finding it hard to understand why when you have the sear set screw fully backed out you get this kind of failure. You should have the same amount of creep as stock. You almost have to put your gun in a vise without the stock and examine the bolt action and firing operation to see what's really going on. I'm guessing the trigger and sear are bouncing or you might have an issue with the trigger or the sear. Remove the stock. The remove the excess grease so you can see the sear/trigger engagement. open and close the bolt slowly at first and after each closing try sticking in a small screwdriver to see if the sear and trigger are actually seated or maybe theres some slack. Even the slightest amount of gap in the sear/trigger contact can make a difference. If there isn't any slack when you open and close the bolt slow, try faster and also checking each time with a screwdriver if the sear and trigger seat correctly. There has got to be a reason the trigger is letting go and you have to find out where it is.

I have mine set at roughly 26-28oz. The sear adjustment set screw is screwed in so there is approximately the width of a piece of paper between the sear and trigger. I've not had any misfires like you mention unless I set the trigger pressure to anything lower than 18oz.

Q1: Can you post a few pictures so we can see your installation? Especially close up pictures of the sear/trigger contact.
Q2: How many threads are sticking out of trigger pressure set screw?
Q3: Are you measuring your trigger pressure with a trigger scale?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.