Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New record for Begium mag

1233 Views 24 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  lowbudget
New mag in factory packaging with one new Triple K ($30 mag) is currently at around $235. Absolutely crazy price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22-LR-10-RO...417?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc4c51a49
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Wow and almost another whole day to go.... There was another one on there with a buy- it- now of $175 but it didn't have the package. I was watching all the auctions and the prices seemed to be coming down slightly with more of them up for sale. I got one under $100 and I saw another as well but neither was in brand new condition.

· Registered
2,041 Posts
This sort of original mag pricing would seem to make it even more important that guys purchasing Nomads, Challengers and/or Medalists determine whether the mag is an original or at least a Browning factory mag. This Ebay mag is sitting at $35 more than I paid several years ago for my Nomad with a Browning factory mag. Heck, if I were going to sell the Nomad it would make sense to offer the mag separately from the pistol.

Crazy! :coco: .02 David

· Registered
1,381 Posts
Wow! Some years ago, in the early '80s, I bought my first new pistol, a Browning Buckmark. I had myself a holster and pouches for 4 extra magazine custom made in black leather, and yes, I have five (5) of the original "22LR BROWNING" 10-round magazines. Holy cow! they are worth more than the pistol! In another moment of clarity, about the same time, I bought a Browning A-Bolt 22LR and picked up an extra 10-round magazine for the rifle as well.

· Premium Member
30,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The old BuckMark mags don't sell for anywhere near what the Belgium mags sell for. I think it is time to find an importer to bring a bunch of the Belgium mags in.

· Registered
419 Posts
I know people like the original mags. But all of my buckmark mags work in my dads challenger. I would be willing to make some up and sell them if some of you wanted them. Or i could tell you how to do it and you can yourself. I have 3 I have done this to and they all work flawlessly.

· Registered
130 Posts
I know people like the original mags. But all of my buckmark mags work in my dads challenger. I would be willing to make some up and sell them if some of you wanted them. Or i could tell you how to do it and you can yourself. I have 3 I have done this to and they all work flawlessly.
trav, I believe there are a bunch of folks here that would LOVE to know how to do that. Including, me. :D

· Registered
419 Posts
Well my dads is a challenger II I think. I don't know if they are different from challenger or not. If you look on the challenger II mag, on the bottom towards the back of the mag, there is a notch. You can put this notch on a buckmark mag and it will work. First one I did was with a grinder, then made a sharp edge for the challenger release to grip. I will post pics when i get home and grab one that hasn't been modded, compared to one that has. Like I said, I believe his is a challenger II model, don't know if its the same mag as challenger.

· Registered
1,590 Posts
FWIW... I've posted here on this forum.... how to modify Colt Cadet, Beretta Neos, Colt Woodsman and ( yes)....even current TripleK's.....to work fine in the original Belgian made Brownings ( Nomad / Challenger / Medalist). Inspired by pioneering work done by "M2HB" and "Chim" on the Cadet mags.

Cadet and Neos mags....almost identical...are my favorite and go for $20 or less, ready to modify.

· Premium Member
30,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well my dads is a challenger II I think. I don't know if they are different from challenger or not. If you look on the challenger II mag, on the bottom towards the back of the mag, there is a notch. You can put this notch on a buckmark mag and it will work. First one I did was with a grinder, then made a sharp edge for the challenger release to grip. I will post pics when i get home and grab one that hasn't been modded, compared to one that has. Like I said, I believe his is a challenger II model, don't know if its the same mag as challenger.
The Challenger II and III have the same grip angle as the BuckMark. They can be converted. The Challenger is a different grip angle and the BuckMark mags can't be converted. By the way, Browning used to make mags specifically for the Challenger II, III and BuckMark.

· Premium Member
30,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As far as crazy prices go for original mags, I paid $600 about a year and a half ago for a like new Browning Medalist with the original mag, case, weights etc. I feel for the winner of that auction.
As P. T. Barnum used to say......:D

· Premium Member
1,074 Posts
There is another one that the winner of that one is bidding on here http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-BELGIUM-BROWNING-22-LR-10-ROUNDS-MAGAZINE-FITS-MEDALIST-CHALLENGER-/260999741962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc4cc020a&autorefresh=true I wonder if the other guy will come back and give him a run on this one... I kind of doubt it. I think at least one of them wanted the new one to increase the value of his "unfired" pistol he wants to sell and I am thinking it is a minty Medalist or maybe a Renaissance that has a little mark on the magazine. So then you turn around and sell the one with the mark or slight wear on it for $125 and get a premium price on the pistol. Then it makes sense. When did they quit supplying mags for these? Sometime in the 80's? Probably not too many laying around in the package anymore at any rate. On another note the one listed here http://www.ebay.com/itm/120894697074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 is different. The button isn't scooped out like the other ones I've seen. Maybe it is an older one? Perhaps Seaotter knows if there was a change and when that happened.

· Premium Member
30,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is another one that the winner of that one is bidding on here http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-BELGIU...Domain_0&hash=item3cc4cc020a&autorefresh=true I wonder if the other guy will come back and give him a run on this one... I kind of doubt it. I think at least one of them wanted the new one to increase the value of his "unfired" pistol he wants to sell and I am thinking it is a minty Medalist or maybe a Renaissance that has a little mark on the magazine. So then you turn around and sell the one with the mark or slight wear on it for $125 and get a premium price on the pistol. Then it makes sense. When did they quit supplying mags for these? Sometime in the 80's? Probably not too many laying around in the package anymore at any rate. On another note the one listed here http://www.ebay.com/itm/120894697074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 is different. The button isn't scooped out like the other ones I've seen. Maybe it is an older one? Perhaps Seaotter knows if there was a change and when that happened.
I have mags that have the indentation on the follower button and without it. I think they made the change in the mid 1960s, but Seaotter should know for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.