Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have one of these triggers on the way. I'll beat it up shooting Steel Challenge and come back with an opinion.

I was going to buy a Kidd and had contacted them a few months ago asking if there was any sales coming up since I was needing 2 triggers and they told me there would be one Fathers day. So I wait 2 months and nothing so I ask them about the sale they told me about and they said nope, not going to have a sale.
That's fine but it really ticks me when someone doesn't do what they said they would do.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Good to hear someone is going to test out this trigger. Please let us know which other triggers you have owned for comparison. Personally I ended up with a Kidd trigger because I wanted the look of aluminum vs plastic. Mine is an older 10/22 with the deluxe walnut stock and the original trigger group was aluminum. The Kidd replaced a Brimstone BX which functionally was great but i wanted a different look.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Good to hear someone is going to test out this trigger. Please let us know which other triggers you have owned for comparison. Personally I ended up with a Kidd trigger because I wanted the look of aluminum vs plastic. Mine is an older 10/22 with the deluxe walnut stock and the original trigger group was aluminum. The Kidd replaced a Brimstone BX which functionally was great but i wanted a different look.
coulda' just put the BX into an alloy TI trigger housing :cool:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
coulda' just put the BX into an alloy TI trigger housing :cool:
That's what I did, I had an old stock and barrel, so got a new receiver, actually two for another project, and proceeded to make up a gun to eventually present to my grandson. I got a couple of the TI machined trigger housings and the BX triggers. My other guns have the TI housings with Kidd trigger kits installed. The BX triggers while quite good are not as good as the Kidd's, just both not the same pulls on both of the BX triggers are a little different. For the value I think I still would go this route again, and when I did the first one's knowing what I know now would have gone the BX route had they been available at the time. I also replaced the BX trigger with the TI aluminum trigger so no plastic, and used one of the extended mag releases like shown with the new trigger shown in the beginning of this tread, don't know exactly what to call them. All my rifles are sporters, one a totally custom job the only Ruger part being the receiver so BX triggers are greate for this type gun. If I were going for a super percision gun the Kidd would be a no brainer, and would probably go a two stage.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.