Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New member from Florida

152 7
Hi everyone! New to guns in general. Got my first firearm not long ago. It's a pistol. Now I want to get a bolt action rifle. Leave me some tips and love!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Welcome. Get a trusted person or trainer to teach you how to handle it safely, shoot and hit what you're aiming at and hiw to clean it.

Before you buy your next firearm (and the next, and next, and next, etc.) find a range that rents, or go to a range or event where they are shooting the type of firearm you are interested in. Most gun people are friendly and will answer questions and/or let you shoot it. I always let other people shoot my stuff if they are interested...I like other people's fingerprints on my guns馃榿.

Premium Member
Welcome to RFC. Just so you know.....you made a gig mistake joining. Just kidding my friend.
Lots of nice people here to help you. The advice above is very good. The only problem you will have after getting your feet wet is feeding your new habit. Its like a rabbit hole and very very deep my friend.

Premium Member
CZ and Bergara have nice offerings, depends also on the use you have for it for configuration. like prone, offhand, benchrest, posittional (PRS/NRL) etc. Renting and borrowing is awesome if you can! also consider appleeeds and observing some shoot becuase sometimes that gives changes to try stuff.

I am in North Florida myself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts