Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never owned a 1022 and I've got the itch real bad. I've been looking around and I really like the T model as well as the deluxe( I'm a fool for walnut). The T has the heavy barrel I like and it's 20 inches long which I also like better but that walnut is screaming " pick me". I really think what ever follows me home will stay stock because thats the way I am (non tinkerer). I'm really frustrated. Is the heavy, longer barrel on the T more accurate usually or is it just looks. Maybe I'm just starting another bad habit that will drive me and the wife crazy and hurry us up to the poor house. GREAT SITE!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Welcome

:Welcome:
Welcome to RFC!!!

The Deluxe and the Target are both good choices. Nice guns. Both are very accurate, but to shoot them precisely you will probably want to put some nice glass on top and drop in an aftermarket hammer for the Deluxe. If that sounds like too much, go with the Target Model.

Even though you say you are not a tinkerer, don't worry about it, what I am suggesting is cheap and easy and we are all here to help (seperate you from your money...that is, LOL.)

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
jd3006 said:
I've never owned a 1022 and I've got the itch real bad. I've been looking around and I really like the T model as well as the deluxe( I'm a fool for walnut). The T has the heavy barrel I like and it's 20 inches long which I also like better but that walnut is screaming " pick me". I really think what ever follows me home will stay stock because thats the way I am (non tinkerer). I'm really frustrated. Is the heavy, longer barrel on the T more accurate usually or is it just looks. Maybe I'm just starting another bad habit that will drive me and the wife crazy and hurry us up to the poor house. GREAT SITE!
Or, you could buy one already built up and not HAVE to tinker:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a187/OldSwede/?action=view&current=MVC-020F.jpg

( See bottom two guns. Middle one is a modified "T", bottom is a modified DSP ( with a Green Mountain barrel )

·
Registered
230 Posts
T model

I own the T-model in stainless. It is much more accurate than the standard model. The trigger is also slightly better for some reason. I always shot the T-model with winchester power points, they just shot good through it. I have since replaced the barrel with a VQ Tension barrel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swede I love that modified DSP. Where can I get one like it and how much would one set me back? The wife will probably kill me for even wanting another rifle but I might as well go happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.