Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home with a new Marlin 17V. Is that barrel supposed to be fully floated? There is a poorly applied area of epoxy or something near the tip of the stock that contacts the barrel. Looks like it was intended to be a pressure point or somebody just spilled some glue in the barrel channel!

The trigger on this gun may be a bit heavy (pencil spring, huh?) but it is way better than my Savage 93.

·
Registered
116 Posts
DRob said:
Just got home with a new Marlin 17V. Is that barrel supposed to be fully floated? There is a poorly applied area of epoxy or something near the tip of the stock that contacts the barrel. Looks like it was intended to be a pressure point or somebody just spilled some glue in the barrel channel!

The trigger on this gun may be a bit heavy (pencil spring, huh?) but it is way better than my Savage 93.
Mine is fully floated on my 17vs. Trigger was heavy too. But that has been fixed. I smoothed mine with some 400 grit sandpaper, gunsmith's stones and used a pen spring to replace the factory one. It was a Papermate Flexgrip ultra Medium. It was a funky green color too :D It was just about the same length but of course much lighter...

Not my rifle but I followed the same steps.. see this..

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/008292.html

·
Registered
272 Posts
My 17VS was fully floated. A friend of mine had to float his.

I think midsouth had the rifle basix trigger for $65. I played around with my trigger before I got the basix. Springs and stones and such. Nothing felt as good as the basix. I am glad I got it.

17VS
Weaver KT15
BKL 261 mounts
Rifle Basix trigger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.