Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I get ya'all excited??? Well I think Ski "one-upped" everyone with the box of Aguila .17's. But I think I have a round that Ski doesn't have for the Magnum (actually he does but it has a different headstamp). Anyway to make a long story short I picked up a box of Federal SPEER TNT 30gr hollow points yesterday at Cabela's. They look identical of course to the CCI TNT's. Looks like the switch was finally made. I wanted to post a picture, but my 'puter won't be ready till next week and I couldn't wait that long:(

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I've lost track of "who's, who"......

CCI & Federal are both owned by Blount? Or is it Alliant?

And the "parent company" also owns "Speer"?

Is that why Federal dropped the "Sierra" tip?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know:( CCI, Federal, Simmons, Speer, Redfield, Outers, RCBS..... they are all tied in somehow. It used to be Blount but I don't know anymore. The way things change hands with major companies like that who can keep up????

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'm just trying to see the logic, in this.

CCI already makes a "proven" TNT load......

People liked the Federal "Sierra" load.....

If they're owned by the same Co.......

Maybe, the Federal's weren't selling enough.......

Are people as "brand" conscience with ammo and "wished" Federal had a "TNT"?

Ahh! I'm sure it makes sense to some "pencil-necked, bean-counter", somewhere.

I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it.

;)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I picked up a box of Federal Speer's on Wednesday. Paid a premium of $7.25 for the box, too. The Sierra's I bought last time were $6.99 a box. I'm still getting Winchester Supreme's for $6.95 a box. Might be better off ordering them from Natchez.
Rich

·
Registered
870 Posts
Ski,
I still haven't gotten ahold of any Rem Premier's. Nobody is carrying them down this way. Didn't get a chance to get over to Steve's the last trip. Dad may talk me into a spring trip to Bass Pro and I can try to get by there then.

I saw some PMC Predator .22WMR the other day for the first time. My dealer had $5.19 marked on them. Any good?

Yesterday evening I managed to take a crow at a bit over a hundred yards with a Winchester Supreme .34 grain out of the Marlin 83TS. Only a few thousand more of those noisy black birds to go.
Regards,
Rich

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have never shot the PMC, it was difficult enough to find some Remington psp ammo. These are the only two I know of that makes a psp for 22wmr. Last time I looked on 22ammo.com the PMC stuff was about as expensive as the OSSI, but not stocked. I just sort of gave up on the frustation and went back to supremes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.