Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
58,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me buying a new CZ is certainly nothing new, but I'd done a bit of a purge about a year ago as I accumulated first my Brno no.1 then a couple of Anschutz and then later my two Quads, some other pumps and semi-auto's, another Brno no.1, just more or less diversifying the herd, I've never been a real collector, more of an accumulator. So I'd found my self with only my FS and 511 in the CZ rimfire stable and thought it would be nice to pick up another American as I really like them for a scoped general purpose rifle, a couple of weeks ago my dealer got what I thought was a rather unique looking American in, the checking style is that of the "Fancy stocks" or Prestige in the 527, the wood while not the best has strong mineral lines and is to me at least a interesting figure. The rifle was priced lower than the last several Americans they'd had and that interested me also, there is no attempt at floating the barrel, actually when I took it apart a while ago I had a difficult time separating the action from the stock it is inletted so snugly. I've mounted a Weaver V16 with a FCH in BKL257 rings for now but I'm thinking I'll go for something a bit more elegant soon, my local dealers as usual being no help there. The test target is one of the best I've had not that it means anything, trigger is about 4-5 lbs. with very little creep, I look forward to trying this one out, I really think it was meant to be more than an average 452, we'll see if she was born wanting to shoot!! Oh and the test target date is Jan 10th 2007, I wonder where she's been spending her time??

Gerald

·
Premium Member
9,441 Posts
Congratulations on your new child, I mean "Lady."
But you do know the Prestige has a jewelled bolt and really shiny finish. As to the born date, do you know how long it takes to get from the Czech Republic to here?

·
Premium Member
58,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree on the 527 Prestige, which this obviously is not, my comment was that the checkering pattern is shared by the "fancy stocks" and Prestige, as far as I know there is no such animal as a Prestige in the 452 line, but being wrong is not something I'm immune to.:bthumb: As to how long it takes them to get here I have owned one American in .22wmr that took less than two months from born on to my hands but agree they can take much longer but 19 months is slow even for a slow boat, lol.

Gerald

·
Premium Member
58,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got a little sunshine on her and it brings out the character of the wood a bit better I think, wish the multihues that are in the butt stock showed better, in person they're unusual for me at least.

I'm not saying that this rifle is a "fancy stock" or Prestige, I know better, my fascination is merely with a unusual combination of features and wood that I at least haven't run into before:D

Gerald

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
That is a nice looking lady Gerald. :bthumb:

Do all the "fancy grade" CZ's come with the rubber butt pad?

My plain jane 452 American has the plastic butt pad.

Very nice and unuasual wood Gerald. Me likey!!!! :)

Craig N.

·
Premium Member
58,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a nice looking lady Gerald. :bthumb:

Do all the "fancy grade" CZ's come with the rubber butt pad?

My plain jane 452 American has the plastic butt pad.

Very nice and unuasual wood Gerald. Me likey!!!! :)

Craig N.
Nice find, I like the rubber recoil pad as well as the checkering pattern :t

Neil. :)
The "basket weave" rubber butt pad is a feature on "fancy stock" 452's, the box this rifle came in is not so marked, the wood would be on the plain side for CZ "fancy stock" but the appearance of these features on a non-fancy stock rifle intrigues me, but I'm easily intrigued :( Thanks!

Gerald

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice piece of wood, Gerald. "Fancy" or not, she is no plain Jane. Saw a pretty nice FS in a store today that is close to the buttstock on your rifle. No, it did not come home with me :( , no $ for new toys at the moment.

Jay

·
Premium Member
58,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice piece of wood, Gerald. "Fancy" or not, she is no plain Jane. Saw a pretty nice FS in a store today that is close to the buttstock on your rifle. No, it did not come home with me :( , no $ for new toys at the moment.

Jay
You're a stronger man than me Jay, even with one in the safe I'd have jumped it, lol, must be why I stay broke lol. Thanks guys.

Gerald

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
like the looks of the wavey grain lines on that stock Gerald. buddy of mine has one of those, dang shooter it is. he just cleaned his and shot it, thats all it need to post some impressive groups.

·
Premium Member
58,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes sir Que, I'm thinking as snug as she's inlet a shooting session will definitely precede any monkeying around with the barrel, first I've encountered that was inlet that tight. The trigger will get some attention but its not bad now, just a bit(well okay a lot) heavier than I'm used to. I usually go for a pound or less, sort of thinking about doing a Rifle Basix, or Automated solutions on it, but All4Fun's poor man's trigger is super easy and works really well.

Gerald

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.