Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New Infectee

417 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  doubs43
Although I have been a member here for at least 6-7 years it was not until recently that I became infected with CZ germs. Last weekend I bought a new CZ 455 American Combo (.22LR and 17HMR). I suspect I will buy the .22 mag barrel when it becomes available to have the complete combo and because I like the .22 mag. I own quite a few other .22's and just one other .17. Other .22's I own include several Winchester 9422's (including some which are .22 mags), savage 93, S&W M&P 15-22, DPMS AR15 with DPMS Bull Barrel .22 (not shot yet), two pistols and a Savage HMR with basix trigger (and a whole lot of other guns).

I have actually wanted a CZ back as far as 2005 and don't know why I waited so long since I bought lots of other guns since then. I am looking forward to seeing what the CZ accuracy hype is all about. For now I will leave the .22 barrel on until I see how well it performs. Thereafter I suspect the 455 will see most of its duties as an HMR gopher gun. This will NOT be a Safe Queen. This site was helpful to me in deciding which CZ to buy and what scope mounts/rings to buy. Thanks for all your help.

Let the infection spread!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,796 Posts
Congrats on your new 455 American Combo. :bthumb: You are going to love that rifle. :D Of course you know Pic's and range reports are always appreciated. :)

· Registered
113 Posts
Before I bought my 453 I considered the 455 combo. It seemed like a really cool idea and I agree with you about buying a mag barrel down the line. It would simply make it even cooler. My concern, perhaps unfounded was that changing barrels or even the ability to do so might make a "looser" gun which would lose accuracy. If I had a ton of money, and lots of guns, I'd consider it even more simply because it could potentially provide greater options in one gun.

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
:Welcome: to the CZ/BRNO forum.

You'll probably find, as most do, that while CZ owners are devoted, there isn't a lot of "hype" as these guns are really great quality for the price. They are usually good out of the box, and the necessary "tweaks" to make them great are not hard to do, and quite often you can get them to shoot as well as guns costing 4x - 5x more.

· Registered
248 Posts
Welcome, i agree with timberbeast on these rifles. Great value for the price, most of my complaints are minor usually with the stamped trigger guards and triggers that could use some work. The 455 i recently got looks to be a great shooter, just haven`t got it out much with the wind and work. Have fun with yours.

· Registered
628 Posts
Go4guts...Last summer I caught the CZ bug and now four rifles later find that there's no antidote for it, just temporary relief brought on by the delivery of yet another CZ. I doubt that Obamacare will cover the CZ bug. So far, I've stuck with the rimfires, but the idea of a .22 hornet seems to be floating around in my head and, when I get the CZ shakes bad enough, I'll probably give in. Best of luck with you new addiction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.