Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

NEW ! Hummer round

2394 Views 23 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  alpine_56
deleted
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
4,297 Posts
drop

When I shot the Silver box Aguila, it shot really flat. Almost no change in POA from 25-80 yards. It claims 1.72" of drop at 100 yards, and I didn't see it dropping any more than that claim, I was pretty impressed. Not quite as laser beam as HM2, but then it doesn't shatter like glass when it hits something, either, it penatrates.
At times, it would be plenty worth it to me to trade a tenth or two in accuracy for the penetration, you're still inside an inch at 100 yards, and it's so flat, it can get through all of the tree branches to get there. :t

· Registered
173 Posts
Well I sighted in for 50 yards with the 10/22/.17 Aguila and I can say for sure it isn't dropping more than an inch a 100. Shooting at a softball size rock and no hold over, it was hitting the same as 50. I even cut down a milkweed with one round at a little over 100 yards. I was getting 3/4 inch groups all day long. But with a higher power scope (the 4.5x power is a little low) I could do better.

Andrew

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.