Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Beretta Jaguar model 71 second series. Imported until aprox. 1969. I have a first series with a push button safety. Lots of luck finding mags for them. A gun show maybe your best bet. I'll try to post a picture of mine.. Don't know if yours is the same but mine will shoot anything with a primer and powder.
CraigJS :t :t

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Craig, thanks for your promt response, so it is going to be dificult to find the mag? I don't care if they aren't originals, do you know of any company tha makes them??

Is there any way to date them?

Thanks

Rene M

·
Registered
492 Posts
I tried this link :http://www.ammoclip.com/ and looking under "B" for Beretta found the mags shown (in stock at that time), but it didn't work properly in my gun. (I bought one of them) Try doing a Google search and perhaps you'll be more lucky then I was. Like I said before try gun shows, try posting on different forums, perhaps you will get lucky.Have you field stripped your yet? They are a simple gun to take apart. If you need info email me at: [email protected], and I'll tell you how. If you find any place that has mags please let me know.. It's a fun gun to shoot I just wish I could find an extra mag also. If you need any parts, I found one company that sells only the barrel, slide and one other part (I can't recall what it is right now). If all else fails on the mags, let me know and perhaps we can set something up for you to get the one that I have (the extra), maybe it will work in your "newer" model. Take care, CraigJS

PS: try writting Beretta with your serial number maybe they would help..

·
Registered
492 Posts
The best I can tell you is to contact the company and see if you can return the mag if it doesn't work properly in your gun. Here's why. From what I can see it looks different from both the origional and after market mags that I have. The one in your picture looks the same as my after market mag ( none working in my gun) in the top area, where you load the shells into. My "good" mags plunger (which touches the shells when loaded) doesn't go up as high, and is somewhat lower and about even (looking from the side) with the lips that hold the rear, rim area of the cartridge. The lower part of the open cut out area where you see the spring looks about the same as my "good" mag. (the distance from the very bottom of the mag to the bottom of the cut out.) Sorry I can't be more clear, or give you a "yes or no". Tomorrow I'll try to get a natural light picture of my two mags side by side, to show you... COMPARE yours to the picture, and try contacting the company. Good luck! and keep me informed, here or email.
CraigJS :t
PS: My mag looks just like the one in my post #3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.