Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6,463 Posts
Nice looking, yet.......plain, simple, lightweight, no-nonsince hunter/plinker. Good job my friend ;)
Sandblast that puppy (to eliminate shine and glare) and you'll have a great little squiril gun.

The only things I see missing are a bolt buffer and a CPC bolt job. If it pleases you then you can get by without either of them. ;)

sf

· Registered
5,438 Posts
That's a very nice and clean looking hunting rifle. Squirrels should drop over dead when you walk into the woods.

· Registered
74 Posts
think you could take a couple pics of the sight picture with those firesights? ive been debating for a while on that GM barrel with sights. i really want and non fluted barrel tho...

edit: where did you order yours from, id like to find a better price than direct from GM

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IDriveB5 said:
think you could take a couple pics of the sight picture with those firesights? ive been debating for a while on that GM barrel with sights. i really want and non fluted barrel tho...

edit: where did you order yours from, id like to find a better price than direct from GM
Whew, not easy. I tried but couldn't get both sights in focus at the same time (bout like my own eyes Ha) the flash just drowns out the sights. Artificial light just doesn't make the sights show up like daylight does. Maybe I can try it tomorrow in sunlight. Anyway got the barrel from Tom Stafford who is a sponser here. He has some photos up but not of the sight picture.
I think the firesights work great and am very happy with them. Here is a pic of another gun I built with firesights.

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=686234#post686234

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IDriveB5 said:
dont worry about getting the pics. are the firesights really tight? how does your ability to sight a target compare to the factory sights?
When I was younger I liked a very fine bead front that fit tight in a U-notch rear. Now the firesights are larger but they work better for me because I can see them. They do line up pretty tight. Only thing that I don't like is the front sight looks fragile.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aquanewt said:
Let us know how she shoots!
Finally got to fire a few hundred break in rounds. This guns a ringer, the DSP stock feels just right with the 16'' heavy barrel. Balance is perfect making offhand shooting seem easy. Got a few stovepipes so I added a VC extractor and a buffer, other than that I won't change a thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.