Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago green mountain had a special sale of 17 inch heavy sporter barrels. They weren't bull barrels but they had a little heavier than standard sporter countour.

Anyway I bought one that was supposed to be chrome moly steel, turned out to be stainless by accident I guess. I learned this when I had it sent in to be parkerized, which they can't do to stainless so they teflon coated it for me.

So far so good.

So I finally got around to putting it on a reciever and taking it out to shoot.

It is in a standard carbine stock that I sanded out for a bull barrel so it is floating except for the inch and a half right in front of where the V block is. I have it shimmed snug in the stock in that location. If it behaved I was going to get a boyds smart stock.... but see below.

Took it to the range and it shoots miserable groups at 25 yard they range from 3 to 6 inches. :( :(

Yesterday it was ina stock with a pressure point at the front end of the stock and it shot much worse...

The trigger pull on the rifle is at 3.5 pounds and the rest of the rifle is stock, and I checked to make sure everything is snug. Ammo was Federal American Eagle 38 grain

The factory barrel on it would shoot 3/8 to 1/2 inch groups at 25 yards.

Also the monkey pulling the trigger shot inch groups at 100 yards with the 25-06 and 243 Remington 700 sporters right before busting out the 10-22.
:D :D

Any suggestions, and it isn't for sale cheap.....

:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.