Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ordered my 93R17-FVSS from Wal-Mart today :AR15firin , I am hoping to keep ya'll posted on my modifications. I'm probably going for the Sharp Shooter Supply replacement trigger first. Anyone know if this gun comes with studs to mount a Harris on? Thanks for all the helpful information that is constantly posted. Feel free to give me any tips and advice on modifications.

Warren

·
Registered
731 Posts
I had the same problem as Rustyknife. Bought a set of Weaver rings that were listed "up to 42mm objective". I went back and the guy suggested I try Millet Angle-Loc high rings. Fit a BSA 3-12X40 Sweet 17 to an FV perfectly. I have about 1/8" clearance between the AO ring and the barrel.

FWIW I'm gald I went with the Millet Angle-Loc. Never had any problems.

Also, my FV didn't have swivels, but that's easy to add.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rifle In Action

Hey, got the rifle and dropped a tasco world class 6-24X with illuminated reticle on it, along with a Harris benchrest bipod and sling. I'm headed out to the range tomorrow so i'll try and bring some pictures back. :snipersmi

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can anyone see my pictures. Shot it today at 100 yds. with about 1.5 in groups with the CCI TNT's. Shot the Hornady's yesterday, far more accurate but i was shooting at Copenhagen lids so I was unable to record groups. Just picked up some of the Federal Premium Vital-Shoks with the Hornady bullets so I should have grouping pictures on Saturday, this is a great little gun!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comment, got my new BSA Sweet 17 in today with 6-18x, so I'm going to try that out on Saturday along with some of the Federal Hydra-Shoks with the Hornady Polymer Tips. The gun needs some definite trigger work, mine has about a 6# pull, but it is still a sweet shooter!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the tip, nipprdog but these are actually the scope rings for the Tasco that is in the first picture. I have some new Weaver matte black medium rings on the way for this new toy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, nipprdog, got the rings but I decided to go with some Leupolds. Talk about tighter groups, check these out. I will try to bring my real camera to the range tomorrow for better quality pics. The following are from earlier tonight @ 100 yds. with about a 3mph crosswind and Federal V-shoks with Hornady Polymer Tips.

93R17-FVSS
+Harris 6-9" Benchrest Bipod
+Allen Sling
+BSA Sweet 17 6-18X40AO
+Federal V-Shok 17 gr. Hornady V-Max
=3 shots, 1 hole, 100yds. :D :snipersmi

·
Registered
389 Posts
very nice. scope pount looks much better. :D

my savage seems to like federal the best, also.

however, next time out..........

take your paper targets and tape them to cardboard. you will get a sharper,cleaner bullet hole.

no offense,but technically speaking, you're 3 shots are one hole because the paper tore. ;)

granted, while 3 shots under 1/2" is darn good ;) , its not 'one hole'. and its not 5 shots. ;)

again, great shootin'! looking forward to pics from your 'real' camera.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, I'll try to be more specific next time. Not trying to be rude man, I'm just a beginner at this but I appreciate the help and I will try and bring you guys some better pictures from my range trip tomorrow. Sorry I didn't have a dime or anything to show against, but again, tomorrow I should have better pics.

Warren

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.