Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accuracy with all bullets more than satisfactory.

CCI Blazer lots of FTE and a few FTF

Super X worse than above

CCI Stingers a few FTF

Minimags no FTF, a few FTE after about a hundred rounds total.

Accuracy I'm happy

Functioning I'm not happy. Seriously beginning to think about taking it back to get it tweaked under warranty

·
Registered
836 Posts
What the hey?

n6nvr said:
Accuracy with all bullets more than satisfactory.

CCI Blazer lots of FTE and a few FTF

Super X worse than above

CCI Stingers a few FTF

Minimags no FTF, a few FTE after about a hundred rounds total.

Accuracy I'm happy

Functioning I'm not happy. Seriously beginning to think about taking it back to get it tweaked under warranty
n6nvr,

Man ! What's wrong with your rifle? My buddy and myself just shot our newly bought 597's at the range and I used nothing more than CCI "Blazer" ammo with no FTF at all. I think you need to take back that ammo and try another brick of the same brand. Check the lot numbers so you don't buy ammo from the same lot. I know they make ammo by the thousands everyday so you'll always have mis-fires. Clean and retry before you have Remington look at it.

wmrimfire,22

·
Registered
590 Posts
Don't take it back. Read the forum and tweak it yourself. It is very simple rifle and any of us can work on them. Also, new rifles need to be broken in. Mine will feed anything now that I have about 4 bricks through it. Tsubaki has a great post in here somewhere with most of the tweaks listed. He and I both have had great luck with our rifles. Mine is tack driver for an autoloader, much better than my 1022.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tacked now?

I'm going to polish/lap the guide rods and grooves and then maybe put a little pressure on them, more than just touching. But shooting a few bricks through it when it's being this finicky will take for ever.

When you talk about "shaving" a little off the buffer, are we talking a really thins slice similar to what you would do for a micrscope slide? or a little more? say a 64th or so?

I'm tempted to take it back to Turners and tell them it doesn't work and get me one that does. There is a range relatively close, have them take it and me over and show me what it feeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.