Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New 453 Day!

885 Views 23 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Szumi
Hi all, just wanted to post a few pics of my new 'go to' plinker. I havent had time to take it out yet, but I am certain that it will be very accurate. It was test fired at the factory, and the target was included in the box, it was pretty tight!

I had been looking at the 455, but when I went to my LGS they said they had the 453 and it took 5 seconds with it to realize that it ws coming home with me! It is what they call the Senior 453 Lux. It seems to be fairly rare, as I cant find too much info on it on the web. The CZ site shows it, but not the CZ USA one. I have to say that the adjustable set trigger and the solid, but adjustable sights really got me. Out of the box, the trigger pull is brilliant, i.e., I dont see a need for a trigger job on this one (not yet anyways).

I have been looking for a good 22LR for a while and compared the CZ side by side to several other rifles and it was a clear winner against the 10/22 and 77/22 ( which I didnt expect as I have an older 77/22-250 and it is a beautiful fire arm). The 10/22 literally feels like a toy beside this one.

It certainly is built well. It is like a scaled version of my my Husqvarna 7.62! (which is where the sling came from).The bolt action is a tad rough, but I think that it will wear in. I am very excited to get out with this one!

Anyways, here she is!

Cheers,
C
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
Very nice! :heartpump

That model isn't available to the US buyer. Walnut stocked Lux with cheekpiece in a 453 action - oh boy! That should be a sweet shooter. :)

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you guys like it. I have been a lurker here for a while and figured that eveyone would like the pics. Tomorrow night i might wax it to see if i can fill the grain on the wood. It is really dry, gave it some wood polish but it did not seem to do the trick. I think that it is going to be a looker !
Cheers
C

· Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Glad you guys like it. I have been a lurker here for a while and figured that eveyone would like the pics. Tomorrow night i might wax it to see if i can fill the grain on the wood. It is really dry, gave it some wood polish but it did not seem to do the trick. I think that it is going to be a looker !
Cheers
C
And best of all, it isn't on the long gun registry is it? :) :beerchug:

Szumi

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to Canada in the fall, as a American, can I purchase a CZ and have it sent to a FFL?
The dealer I got mine from in Ontario has a valid export lic. I know they can prepare the paperwork so you can buy it, the real problems will occur at the border. Actually, if it is the same as it is bringing a US firearm into Canada, its not that bad. Just like anything else, everything is legal if you do the right paperwork!

C

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The next problem is finding a ring set that will clear the sights. lol, there is a ton of info here for 455s, but not too much on the 453 :). Presumably, it would be the same as the 452 ring set?

Also, if anyone here has used the CZ factory set, are they recommended?

Thanks
C

· Premium Member
3,378 Posts
It most certainly is not :). Now I can amass a collection without freaking out the local PD!
C
Or having your collection listed in the registry be used as a reason to see if you have violated (un)safe storage laws.

One would think that knocking down the registry would be world wide news. I would not know anything about it if didn't listen to Canadian Reload Radio

I am so happy to see that the march to increase firearms freedom isn't restricted just to the States. Go Canada Go!

Szumi

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just FYI, I ordered the J&P Custom Products 11mm Weaver adaptors and the Striker Spring. There is not a ton of info on the rings/scopes for the 453 (with Irons) on the site, so I will see what I can add!

I actually dont plan on adding a scope anytime soon, but its good to have the adaptors just in case :).

Cheers,
C

· Premium Member
9,441 Posts
I don't recall ever hearing of a 453 Lux. If I did, I forgot. Great buy!
Just so you know, it'll never need a trigger job. Find the 453 trigger instructions in the Stickies, and print it out.
Regarding rings, check the sticky on scopes and rings. Anything for the 452, 453, or 455 iron sighted rifles will apply to yours. You just have to decide if you want a larger scope with the objective bell over and past the rear sight, remove the rear sight leaf, or stay behind it with a smaller scope.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.