Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at a shop that I call "milsurp heaven" today for a quick look around. Mostly I collect and shoot Mausers and Mosin Nagants with a Garand and '03 Springfield thrown in for fun. 4 years ago I cam across a sale on Remington 597's at Gander Mountain for $99 each. Not having owned a 22 since my first one was stolen in the early 70's I decided to give it a go. Took it home cleaned it up and off to the range. Loaded a single round into the mag up aimed it at a clay at 50 yards, and pulled the trigger. MISFIRE!!! So I kept pointing the barrel at the target and counted to ten. Dropped the mag - No round. Worked the action - no round. After firing milsurps for all these years, I had a DOH!!!!!!!!! moment. That little click I heard was not a misfire, but the round going off!

Fast forward to today. I was in a shop looking at milsurps and came across a new CZ 452-2E ZKM. I guess it is a trainer model. I'm a sucker for long barreled rifles. A thing of beauty. Nice open sights too. I have been cleaning her up and the construction of the rifle seems pretty good too. The action is a little rough but it should break in nicely. The guy was asking $295 for it but gave it to me for $275. I don't know if that is a good price or not but I'm happy. Looking at the QA sheet that came with it grouped about .8" at 50 meters with one flyer. Without the flyer, it would have easily been under 1/2 inch. Maybe .4" or a little better.

I do have one ZKM 468 that I got at the same shop a few weeks ago. That is one sweet shooting little rifle. I am looking at a Romanian trainer there too. I had thought that only Mosin Nagants were habit forming.

·
Registered
187 Posts
well you've sure been shooting some heavy hitters i would love to get my hands on... :D

anyways you'll love the mauser-like (at least i think it looks a bit like the 98) trainer. a rail iron sight beauty, very accurate too :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Love those Trainers/Specials/Standards! There may be a better gun for the money, but I've not found it yet!

Also, you're lucky to have a place with a good supply of milsurps. Most of the places around here have scant supplies. Oh well, that's what a C&R license is for!

·
Premium Member
57,970 Posts
The 2E is actually a sort of transition model from the Brno's to the CZ's, a very nice rifle that I can practically guarantee will bring you years of accurate shooting enjoyment, a good catch.

Gerald

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I took it to the range today along with my Remington 597. Just plinking clays at 50 yards. Nice shooting rifle. Seems pretty accurate and I did not have to do any sight adjustments. I did not shoot at paper yet. The 5 round mag is built like a tank, I think I need to get a few 10 round mags too.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Congrats on the new Trainer, I got one and the stock iron sights are the best on any .22 rifle I ever owned. Darn accurate shooting rifle too, my Trainer is out shooting my Weatherby Mk XXII....
You got a good price too, I paid $329.00 for mine......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.