New 22/45

1920 Views 22 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  300winman
Just saw this on GunBlast.
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-2245Lite.htm
Terrier
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
12,408 Posts
For me the glass is half full. I applaud Ruger for coming out with new threaded barrel options. I personally would like a black upper on that model, maybe next time?
Now that might be better. :bthumb: I've been working with Dura-Coat for the last year and a half or so, and there are colors available to satisfy most anyones needs. I tried to order a couple of SR22's and the distributor told me I MIGHT get them in late fall. :eek: Wonder what the backlog on these will be? Yes, I like the idea of more threaded barrel options also, but when are they gonna do some metal framed models?

· Registered
32 Posts
Being it is just a sleeve on a lightened (turned down) barrel, I'm thinking Ruger is going to offer different color models. For Ruger that would be a simple change just mount different sleeves on the same barrel and out the door.

I would like to see a longer barrel though.

· Registered
12,408 Posts
Being it is just a sleeve on a lightened (turned down) barrel, I'm thinking Ruger is going to offer different color models. For Ruger that would be a simple change just mount different sleeves on the same barrel and out the door.

I would like to see a longer barrel though.
You could be right. :bthumb: Maybe even different shapes, like a 1911 style such as the one Volquartsen offers (forgot their model number). :D

· Registered
332 Posts
SGW.

You make some good points. I also wonder if Ruger listens. I bought one, but apparently I will buy any thing. It is a good start. I also like the threaded barrel, and the fact that it is light. Out in the bush the animals don't care how it looks. As for as people, I'll tell people my wife bought it for me. :D

I think Ruger should make a non-threaded version for people that can't have the threaded version.

The color? I like black. I just ordered a SR-22p from Gungrabers. Doesn't help you get one from a distributor.

Also, a hi-vis front sight for people with bad eyes like me.

· Registered
152 Posts
For one it wouldn't look like something flavor flav would wear
Ruger out and out flunks when it comes to picking finishes. Some of their offerings look like they belong in whorehouses and not gun ranges.

I think this firearm would be awesome with a 6-7" barrel for competitive shooting. I bet they never produce one. The regular old 22/45 with a 7" fluted (non stainless!) barrel would also be great but we'll never see one of those either.

· Registered
132 Posts
Can anyone that has seen one confirm whether it fixes to two problems I have with the TacSol uppers - aluminum chamber face and aluminum barrel threads? If those to areas are steel on the new Ruger I'll probably end up with one. The cutaway picture I found looked like they would be steel but I haven't seen it stated anywhere.

· Registered
22 Posts
I think this is a really cool little gun with a few reservations. I don't care for the gold finish on the barrel and would of preferred black or even stainless. Sadly the threaded barrel model may never make it into CA. We have some stupid laws here. It's just a 22 of all things. I would of like the 5.5" barrel. It takes the same mags as my mark111 22/45 and I like that. Hopefully they've corrected all the failure to feed, fire, eject and stovepipes I initially had with my gun when it was new but corrected as time went on. If not I now have the experience to fix them thanks to everyone's help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.