1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Anschutz 1710D

Gentlemen,
I just bought a 1710 D Hb classic Meister
grade I'd like opinions on how to tweak it. I have a Kimber K22 Classic that is nice,
but I'm hoping to do better with the Anschutz.I'm not a competition shooter, but do enjoy a fine , Accurate rfle. I want to keep the sporter configuration, but want the best performance available.
A compromise between bench and hunting with the emphastis on bench.
I get off on tight holes. I know every rifle
needs some help. I have some experience, but could use your expertise.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Kimber HS and a SVT and just got a 1710D HB.

The HS is a keeper but I am selling the SVT since it only just shoots to spec despite work at factory and gunsmiths.

When I got the 1710D, I searched the archives for trigger adjustments and lowered mine to about 10 ozs. which is nice.

I also checked the stock clearance along the barrel and found a tight spot which I cleaned out with sandpaper and socket.

Since I need a long LOP, I went to an Anschutz dealer and got the vertically adjustable butt plate which lengthened the pull and made my Classic stock fit me a little better.

You might see if these types of things work for you.

My 1710D HB does shoot very nicely thanks..

·
Registered
297 Posts
anschutz 1710

to get all of the accuracy out of the gun you will need to lighten the trigger pull. The only way to get the 1710 into the oz's is the change the trigger adjustment spring. You can order a light spring from 10 Ring, 904-724-7419, the guy's name is Steve and have him explain how to correctly put the spring in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.