Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New 10/22 Stock Help

361 9
Hi all,

New here.

Problem: My wife wants a .22, semi-auto plinker in blue, no scope (non-target), but must have brown laminate stock. She is in love with the brown lams.

I'm told by gun dealers that the Ruger 10/22 is the one to have.

Basically, the new 10/22 w/ walnut is the gun, but does not come with the brown lam. stock. I have called Ruger.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Welcome to RFC! If your wife wants brown laminate then you can order a new stock from any of the RFC Sponsors on the home page. Revival Industries has many stocks to choose from and they offer them with the factory barrel taper.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I too would suggest looking at Revival's website. Got one of thiers just a weekor so ago. The quality/finish got me to order anothr this week. You may also keep an eye out on ebay as thes occasionall show up there. price will be about thesame either way. Staffords site has good pictures of Revivals offerings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies.

Do you know if the 920 barrel is the one on the new non-carbine, walnut 10/22, blue w/ iron sights?

She does not want the thumbhole, just your run of the mill standard/hunter brown lam. stock.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
No, that is the standard tapered barrel. The .920 is the BULL barrel, maybe you should look at the 10/22T? It has a brown laminate non thumbhole stock and the bull barrel. I think you would have to mount a scope though, they do not come with iron sights. I customized all of my own carbines my way but sounds like she just wants the basics. The 10/22T while not as good as a homebrew custom (or Volquartsen) is less expensive...........

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
If you dig around on Stafford Sales site, you'll find this:

Custom Youth Stock
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youth model Camo Green colored 22LR Explorer stock
$94.99 fully finished
Custom made youth model cut down for smaller shooters
12 3/4 inch length of pull (13 3/4" is standard LOP)
Ruger 10/22 long rifle model - Standard Barrel channel ***

·
Registered
560 Posts
IDriveB5 said:
anyone know if the cheak peice is too high to use with iron sights?
I've got the Boyd's version and open sights would work for me. I don't have a .920 " barrel with open sights, so I use a scope. Just remember that stocks can fit differently for different folks. I don't like the fit of the Blaster/Yukon stocks as well as some other styles. It's a little harder for me to get lined up with the scope because of the higher cheek pad on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.