Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

neos trigger job disassembly question

582 5
I have field stripped my neos and have removed the grip and the firing pin, but have not figured out how to find the screw holding the firing pin block to the rest of the action assembly (the one that I need to grind down a screwdriver to fit). All I see is a pin in front of the sear at the bottom of the assembly. Can anyone tell me how to get it disassembled to the point where I can remove the sear for stoning? Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
849 Posts
You're almost there kp,

Remove the firing pin and springs. Look at the top of the firing pin support assy. You'll see a vertical hole, at the bottom you'll find a countersunk common slot screw. The screw slot is formed by a metal circular saw or thin keyway cutter. The slot is concave (deeper in the middle) , a common screwdriver blade will only engage the outer ends of the screw slot, this will cause the head to strip out.

Read up on the other NEOS owners' trigger job posts, use their experiences to your advantage. Thomas Edison made a quipe to a newspaper man that he knew a thousand ways not to make a light bulb. That's fine if there's plenty of time.

HTH

· Registered
849 Posts
That's a great Idea Tacotrd! (I'm afraid to capitalize the second 't')

I opted for a Dewalt screw driver tip for a power drill. . ......I used the modified Dewalt tip in my Craftsman handle...... worked great.
Apex tips were so essential when I was phixin' Phantoms. We would hoard the few we could get. Even grinding a broken #2 back, making a #3 tip. Things are different now, hard to break an old habit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.