Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

neos trigger job disassembly question

571 5
I have field stripped my neos and have removed the grip and the firing pin, but have not figured out how to find the screw holding the firing pin block to the rest of the action assembly (the one that I need to grind down a screwdriver to fit). All I see is a pin in front of the sear at the bottom of the assembly. Can anyone tell me how to get it disassembled to the point where I can remove the sear for stoning? Thanks!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
You're almost there kp,

Remove the firing pin and springs. Look at the top of the firing pin support assy. You'll see a vertical hole, at the bottom you'll find a countersunk common slot screw. The screw slot is formed by a metal circular saw or thin keyway cutter. The slot is concave (deeper in the middle) , a common screwdriver blade will only engage the outer ends of the screw slot, this will cause the head to strip out.

Read up on the other NEOS owners' trigger job posts, use their experiences to your advantage. Thomas Edison made a quipe to a newspaper man that he knew a thousand ways not to make a light bulb. That's fine if there's plenty of time.

HTH

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just as a thought....

I looked through my set of Craftsman screw drivers, wondering which would be the one to give his all (or atleast parts) to become my new Neos screwdriver. I opted for a Dewalt screw driver tip for a power drill. I figure this way, I have only lost less then a dollar. I have a set of Craftsman quick disconnect bits and a handle. I used the modified Dewalt tip in my Craftsman handle...... worked great. Better then taking a chance with a good screw driver.

Also, pay close attention to how the thing comes apart. Now that I have had mine apart a couple of times, it is obvious. But if you had seen me scratching my head a couple of days ago, when I couldn't figure out why the trigger would not work........ you would know I didn't pay as close attention as I thought I did.

I will say that the spring did the trick. I have put about 400 rounds trough it since Friday, and it made a world of difference.

give it a shot........ get it.... shot........ ok, so I'm a little tired.

:cool:

·
Registered
846 Posts
That's a great Idea Tacotrd! (I'm afraid to capitalize the second 't')

I opted for a Dewalt screw driver tip for a power drill. . ......I used the modified Dewalt tip in my Craftsman handle...... worked great.
Apex tips were so essential when I was phixin' Phantoms. We would hoard the few we could get. Even grinding a broken #2 back, making a #3 tip. Things are different now, hard to break an old habit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
38super said:
(I'm afraid to capitalize the second 't')
Actually, it comes from a the short version of Tacoma (my beloved truck) and the trd is the Toyota Racing Development short name. In my case, it refers to the off-road package my truck has. It is a Toyota Tacoma TRD (4 door Limited model)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.