Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Neos Inox 4.5" last Thursday and gave it a basic cleaning right away before shooting. Today I took it out and put 500 rounds through it. It's a keeper.
I like to give my guns a thorough cleaning. No problem doing the basic cleaning breakdown but I don't know how to get the grip assembly off. I 've removed the loonngg grip bolt but the grip is still attached at the front of the frame. I don't want to break the grip/trigger guard assembly. Am I missing another screw or clip somewhere?

bigmtnman

·
Registered
108 Posts
bigmtnman said:
I but I don't know how to get the grip assembly off
bigmtnman
There is a plastic tooth on the front of the trigger gaurd that fits in a square hold just forward of the barrel nut. I stuck a screwdriver in the slot, and pry slightly on the side toward the trigger gaurd, while gently pulling down on the grip. You will see when you get it off, but looks like the little tooth in the front, is desigened to go in first, with the tip in forward, then rock it back to seat in the back and put in the grip screw. It toom me minute to figure out. You might consider taking the barrel nut out also, just unscrew the spring loaded bolt, then push the barrel nut out, lets you see the inside a little better. I don't think the barrel nut screw is holding anything other then preventing the barrel nut from turning, unless depressed.

Glad that you like your Neos, I love mine, and have been shooting it about every other day since I got it.

happy shooting
:t

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tacotrd

Thanks for the tip, I was able to remove the grip assembly easily with your info. I hate to force anything as I've broken my share of parts in the past by being heavy-handed.
(Is 59 old enough for this to be called WISDOM??)

bigmtnman

·
Registered
108 Posts
glad I could help. There are a lot of good ideas and tips found on these forums, but I some how always end up doing things the hard way.

Like I said, once you have it off, you can see how it works, but like you.......... didn't want to break what I knew I could not fix. Nothing like putting a nasty gouge in your new shooter either :mad:

happy shooting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.