Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY cousin recently bought this rifle and was wondering if anybody knew much about the gun. We had a decent grouping at 50 yards but at 100 it was about 2 inches. Will the accuracy improve after firing more rounds through it? Also, the gun comes with the trigger set at 5lbs pull. Is there anyway to easily lower it to around 2lbs? Anything would be helpful, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't own one but have a friend who does...I've shot it and it's a real tackdriver...I've read here in the forum's that with that gun it's a real crap shoot, meaning you may get a shooter or you may get a gun that is not very accurate...Try doing a search, those reveiws by our members were most helpfull in making up my mind NOT to take the chance by buying one :mad: Mike :D :D :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
NEF

Hi!

I own a couple of these rifles. One's in .223 and one in .22 Magnum and am looking at adding a .17 barrel later once ammo is reasonably priced and available :). My father shoots one in the .17 HMR and it is very accurate. My .22 magnum barrel shoots very well also. I have it back at H & R getting a .22 LR barrel fitted, and a trigger job. More on that in a minute. My father's went in with mine to get a .22 Magnum barrel fit, he feels same as I, ammo is just too expensive and hard to find in quantities, so he is shelving it for now and going back to .22 Mag.

You may want to try over on the H & R forums -

http://www.hr1871.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

This is where I've learned the most about by NEF's. Most of the folks over there are very friendly and helpful. Many accuracy tips and posts can be found as well as info on the trigger job. There is also a NEF section over on Marlin Talk at their website. Which you can jump to from the H & R site.

One thing to be aware concerning the trigger, if you do have to send it back for anything, they will do a trigger job for free on it. My .223 barrel was sticking just about every spent round. Sent it back, they polished the chamber and checked it over for me, and did a pretty decent trigger job for the price of postage. Works great. Now if I can find a load it will shoot.................

On the website, they also have info on the barrel accesssory program, so you may consider ordering a .22 Magnum barrel for your .17, then have them do a trigger job while they have it there. Cost you around $75.

Just something to consider. I do try and keep in mind the cost of these guns though and am not looking for them to do more than they are. But for the $$, I think you can't beat an NEF.

Good shootin'

Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered one in .17 about a month ago and it should be here in a few more weeks, they are in high demand right now, so is pretty much any gun for this round. There is a thread in the hunting forum, not sure what page but its there that talks about the nef single shots, pretty interesting and yeah they all say the free trigger job gets it good enough

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.