Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can help me out? Over the weekend at the gun show I got a Texas HS Trophy. Looks really nice and shoots very well using parts from another gun. It came with a red bottom mag that need a minor adjustment to feed right but works well now. Are all the red bottom mag the old ones?

The two problems are: firing pin was broken when I got it and it is a restricted item so I can't just order it. Who as one they can sell?

The other problem is that it shoots about 7" high after adjusting the rear sight all the way down. I switched to a front sight off another gun that is about .030" higher and it almost works right. The sight that came on this one is .436" tall and the other that is closer to the right height is .465" tall. Anybody got parts to get this fixed?

Thanks

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Interesting article - So I have a red based mag that was made in Conn. Mine doesn't have the cut out window through the red plastic portion on the base. It has the red plastic attached to the other metal base. When I read the text I thought it was an early TX mag. Sanded with red plastic - but the figures tell a different story.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Elliot will not sell it to me - no FFL. I tried that before posting. I wanted to buy a few other things too but because I can't get the pin I didn't order anything. Same is true with Brownell's. Gunparts will (I think)and show them in stock, but I understand from other posts that they always send the firing pin for the wrong model (older one) when you order one for the newer models.

So I am still looking.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
eastern washington
I have some Connecticut bull barrel sights. The tallest measures .513 from the flat bottom to the tip top. Not sure if the dovetail is the same on yours. I don't have the set screw for it but have a too long one that can be ground off. My local smith orders stuff from Brownells. Maybe I could ask to add a FP next time.

from western Oregon

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hamden: That sight sounds like it might work. The sight I put on to test it came off of fluted 7 1/4 Connecticut Citation, so I think the dovetails are the same. That is the sight that is about .465. A sight at least .020" to .030" higher would do the job. I have the screw. A sight that has the screw behind the sight blade instead of in front would be best. This Trophy has the bracket rear sight and a unfluted 5 1/2 bull barrel.
I talked to a guy at a gun show that has some at home, but that is 8 hrs away and I don't know how to contact him. Might see him again in a few weeks or a month at another show. But if you are putting in a parts order let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.