Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Jared trigger for my new TX-1. It is a VERY nice trigger. The factory was very helpful in getting me on track for its proper function, I can't recommend this trigger enough, it makes a world of difference.

I also (unfortunately) removed the front screw that holds the block under the barrel, I hope I did not mess up too bad. I did not know it did not have to be removed to get the barreled action out of the stock. The stock fits very tight to the action. I will not have a torque wrench available until Friday evening. What is the torque recommended for each of the three screws? I am shooting in a quarter match and the last Tikka I shot was awesome with Eley Match ammo.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
T1x are held by only 2 screws - front and rear triggerguard. Thats it. The screw ahead holds in only accessories etc like the wide foreend etc. and also holds in the barrel shoe horn nut, but most people remove the shoe horn anyway.

Torques - I use 25"# in synthetic stock, but I usually run ours (rifle is technically the wifes) in a walnut T3 stock, and use 18"#.

Accuracy is excellent. I'm not saying its as good as a CZ457 but its close.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would removing the front shoe help with accuracy? It seems to add welcome stiffness to the stock and I am sure the factory has a reason for it being there. I am shooting off a bipod with rear bag and the added stiffness would be a benefit, no?
I will try 25"#'s Friday and see how well it works out.

· Registered
746 Posts
The T3 and T1 use the same stock but have different barrel contours, the shoe is there to fill in the larger gap that the T1 requires, it serves no other purpose.

I have shot groups with and without the shoe in place and in my experience there was no difference in group size whatever.

Torque - 25 inch lbs is a reasonable starting point but I have never found that the T1 or T3's to be particuarily torque sensitive.

drover

· Registered
34 Posts
I bought a Jared trigger for my new TX-1. It is a VERY nice trigger. The factory was very helpful in getting me on track for its proper function, I can't recommend this trigger enough, it makes a world of difference.

I also (unfortunately) removed the front screw that holds the block under the barrel, I hope I did not mess up too bad. I did not know it did not have to be removed to get the barreled action out of the stock. The stock fits very tight to the action. I will not have a torque wrench available until Friday evening. What is the torque recommended for each of the three screws? I am shooting in a quarter match and the last Tikka I shot was awesome with Eley Match ammo.
anywhere from 18”lbs but not exceeding i think its 25” lbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts