Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Need some Winchester 75T advice....

266 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  bolsen2
Was recently offered a 1946 Winchester 75T target rifle. Price is going to be about $460 shipped. Looks to be around 90%, but I'm guessing, though I have excellent pictures. Just not sure of what I'm looking at...

Could someone with some serious backround in this model take a look at them and give me some feedback? Would sure appreciate it. I'll email them the pics directly as they are a bit large, or in the next day or so, get them posted to a server.

Anyway, thanks for looking..
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,171 Posts
I am not going to be a whole lot of help here, and would be affraid to look at your photo's and give any kind of recomendation as to wether or not you should buy it based only on the photo's.

It is things more like unqualified home gun smithing that would worry me, or even perhaps a rusty bore or something.

If you should go for it and all fears turn out to be unfounded, you will have a very fine rifle. I have both a 75 and a 52 and both are pure pleasure to shoot. Good luck.

· Registered
733 Posts
A Model 75T in 90 % would not be uncommon for these guns,as they were not generally "taken to the woods" for hunting,and did not suffer from a lot of the usual scrapes,and dings associated with "woodsey"activities. If the pics show the gun clearly,and it looks good to you,proceed a little furthur. My main concern would be the bore.Some advice for you.Ask for pictures of everything. Up,down,bottom,sides,front and back. YOU CANNOT HAVE TOO MANY PICS !!! Get pics of BOTH sides of the gun.Its easy to maximize the good,and minimize the bad.If the seller is good with a camera,it is even possible to get a pic of the bore itself.A bore can be SHINEY,and still be worn. Secondly,check the various gun auctions.This will help establish a real world dollar value of the gun. Lots of M75,s for sale. Third,check on the seller. Has he any feedback on other sales he has made from auctions,ebay,etc? Bottom line is you will have to make your own decision on this,so do your homework.Good luck.Brian.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.