Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Need some Weaver Scope mount screws

227 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Kestrel4k
I need a bunch (20-50 say) Weaver scope mount screws the ones that hold the strap on the top of the ring that retains the scope in the mounts. The two screws that are on that strap or upper ring and screw into the bottom ring mount. I would prefer other than slot heads like torquex or allen but will settle for slots if I have no choice. I have had it with these screws they seem to bugar up really easily and become a bear to get on and off and I seem to play musical scopes enough to have real hassles with them. I know Brownells sells an assortment but I dont need a bunch of screws that I cant use. Also last I tried Weaver offered slotted only. Any source for these in the quantities i am looking for. Thank you for your help. STBE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,173 Posts
I have my LGS get me 1-doz. packs from Brownells at ~$6 ea. I like the standard slotted head, but other styles are probably available as well. Couldn't hurt to ask. I finally got tired of the buggered heads on the used Weaver rings that I pick up from E-bay and gun shows and just started buying the screws in those bulk packs.

· Registered
931 Posts
I had a couple of Weaver sets strip the threads out of the base ring.

I drilled and tapped for the next size larger national fine thread so that I could get new screws at the local hardware store. And, they're just pennies a piece.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.