Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Need some Imfo

442 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  atomchaser
stopped at the local gunshop today and they have I believe a unfired 22 Classic with 3 mags for $285 not one ding in the wood cant see any fouling in action beautiful wood. So what should I be looking for chipped chamber? older jamming model? can I get any problems fixed easily or should I just pass on it. Thanks
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,143 Posts
You should look at the ejection side of the chamber very carefully. If there is a problem it will begin as a shiney spot where the extractor snaps over the shell as the chamber closes.

If it is present you need to know that my experience with Thompson Center BEFORE S&W bought the company was top notch. They replaced my 1 st rifle in its entirety with a like value rifle. Very nice to do business with and honored the warranty to the letter. The new owners, S&W, have been very slow and I am not at all happy with the service I have received with my second TC Classic and in this one I actually had the gun blow up. So you can decide from there what you would like to do. Unless I get some major satisfaction soon I am done with S&W after 4 months of messing around with this gun. They did return the gun saying they had repaired it after 2 months however I had pictures of the chipped area and nothing was done. It was simply returned with a new replacement magazine. I do like the guns very much other than the chamber issue and have owned 3 of them, 2 have had the problem and the 3rd had not been shot enough to cause a problem. I did the repair to prevent the extractor from hitting the chamber outlined by the folks on RFC and I think it will last a lifetime and is very accurate. Such a simple fix if caught early enough!

· Registered
88 Posts
stopped at the local gunshop today and they have I believe a unfired 22 Classic with 3 mags for $285 not one ding in the wood cant see any fouling in action beautiful wood. So what should I be looking for chipped chamber? older jamming model? can I get any problems fixed easily or should I just pass on it. Thanks
For $285, you could probably make a profit parting it out in the classified if you didn't like it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.