Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on my Fajen stock and BA barrel on my Ruger 10/22. I am going to buy a scope next then the trigger/action work will be next item. I have about 150 to 175 for a scope. Any suggestions ?
What is the difference between the Tasco Target thats 80 bucks and the one that is 135 ? other than one is 42 mm and other is 44mm.

Dave

·
Registered
787 Posts
http://search.cartserver.com/search...tegory=Optics&maxhits=20&keywords=bhchiefsale
Look at this link for the Bushnell Scopechiefs, on close out sale at Natchez.
Both are excellent scopes, the 4-14x50 is hard to beat anywhere for $119.95.
The 6-20x40 for $189.95 is also well worth the price. Many here have bought these and are really satisfied, I have each, and have only good things to say about either.
Andy:t

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief Says : WHAT A DEAL !!

$119.00 for a scope that beats Leupold's clearity. And
50mm too , plus sunshade.

I am ordering me some , before they are gone.

You will LOVE this scope. ScopeChief. Chief ? o.k.

CD

·
Registered
65 Posts
As long as we're on the subject, my new Scopechief (4-14) arrived this morning, and I can't wait to mount it. I couldn't find any other scope in this price range that was the recepient of so much praise. If these weren't on sale, I would have purchased a Swift 676 based on opinions here. Let us know what you end up with.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Doorkicker,

Maybe you should post a listing on the wanted to buy forum. I saw a new Scopechief on the WTS list about a week ago for $100 brand new, maybe someone has one or would be willing to work out a creative shipping plan to get a couple shipped out to you. Is it the billing address or the shipping address that they have a problem with at Natchez? If shipping, maybe you could have it shipped to an out-of-state relative or friend in exchange for a favor. Just a thought. Mounted my Scopechief tonight, just to see how it looks, and it's not nearly as goofy as I was afraid it would be on my TC Classic. Really looking forward to taking it out. Best of luck.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief Says : BEST PASS on all Bushnell (banner ) scopes.

ScopeChief was B&L quality , that is why Bushnell discontinued it.
GOOD glass , good price = TOO GOOD = Take it off market.

COMPARE the brightness/ clearness to your Leupold .
side by side = you will see why.

CD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW, got my Scopechief today, Very bright scope ! very impressed. THank you MUTWGN for passing that along.

WIll High rings work with that scope ? or the Extra High ? I thought I had a weaver base on the gun but it must be a tip off base :( Now I am ready to mount it and need a base. Does anyone one know where you can get one locally ? Like Walmart ? or Academy ? Just hate to wait to order one.

thanks

Dave

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cool! I have high signature zee's on my Classic with the 4-14X50 and it fits great, plenty of room for lens covers and/or scope glove after removing the rear sight. There was a post here recently about someone with this scope mounted on medium rings, but I'm not sure what base was being used, and the fit was very tight--no room for covers. I too am very impressed with the clarity of the Scopechief and can't wait to see how my Classic shoots now that it's properly scoped. Best of luck with yours.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Also, I think I saw a Weaver bases for the 10/22 at Walmart last time I poked through their sporting goods section locally--probably worth a shot if you're in a hurry to get it mounted. You should find Weaver rings there, too. Or you could just call around to some sporting goods stores in your area. I think I can understand your eagerness to get it mounted. I've got another week before I can take mine out to the range, and it's driving me nuts.

·
Registered
787 Posts
txcwboy said:
WOW, got my Scopechief today, Very bright scope ! very impressed. THank you MUTWGN for passing that along.

WIll High rings work with that scope ? or the Extra High ? I thought I had a weaver base on the gun but it must be a tip off base :( Now I am ready to mount it and need a base. Does anyone one know where you can get one locally ? Like Walmart ? or Academy ? Just hate to wait to order one.

thanks

Dave
Glad you liked it, as I thought you would.
If there is a Dicks sporting goods in Texas nearby, they sell the bases for around $5.00 reguraly. And I believe you will need extra high burris rings with that. That is what I have it mounted on my Weaver base with.
:t Andy :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok scope is on the gun, mounted with the Leupold base and high rings.At the end of the scope you can fit the caps on the 50 mm objective, but you try to put the sunshade on, the gap between the barrel and scope tapers off and its hard without loosening the scope.Is there something wrong ? or Can anything be done about it ??

thanks

Dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.