Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
went out and shot my 10/22 with my simmons 22 mag 4x scope the other day and it is starting to get on my nerves. i need better magnafication and thinner crosshairs. with that said...i am looking at a tasco world class 3-9x40 scope. anygood? maybe the simmons 8 point? also...is it anygood? i am looking for suggestions for a SILVER scope with variable magnafication, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont mention anything over 60.00 dollars and anything that is not silver. THANKS!!!!!!!

-mwm

·
Registered
62 Posts
mwm0816 said:
went out and shot my 10/22 with my simmons 22 mag 4x scope the other day and it is starting to get on my nerves. i need better magnafication and thinner crosshairs. with that said...i am looking at a tasco world class 3-9x40 scope. anygood? maybe the simmons 8 point? also...is it anygood? i am looking for suggestions for a SILVER scope with variable magnafication, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont mention anything over 60.00 dollars and anything that is not silver. THANKS!!!!!!!

-mwm
....I'ld take the 8-point over the tasco...JMO...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Save your money till you can spend more than $60. Not the answer you wanted. But spend $60 and probably you have wasted $60 being no closer to what you want. Do what it takes to double that amount, you can get some choices in optics worth having with more quality and magnification.

Also you say it is getting on your nerves, in what way? Simply too little magnification or do other problems intrude?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
esldude said:
Save your money till you can spend more than $60. Not the answer you wanted. But spend $60 and probably you have wasted $60 being no closer to what you want. Do what it takes to double that amount, you can get some choices in optics worth having with more quality and magnification.

Also you say it is getting on your nerves, in what way? Simply too little magnification or do other problems intrude?
i am getting mad at the simmons 4x 22 mag scope because i cant see well with it at 50 yards. the crosshairs are also way to thick for my taste. my brother has an older world class that has thin crosshairs that are much thinner than the simmons on my 22. i am trying to find a okay scope that will hold zero at 25 to 50 yards for hunting mostly.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Well a Nikon Prostaff 4x is available in silver. Also a very good quality optic. But $95 or so new. You might snag one on eBay for less. Fellow had one for sale here on RFC a few weeks back for $65. So you might find one.

If you simply must stay at $60 look here.
http://www.riflescopes.com/departments/153/rifle_scopes/bushnell_rifle_scopes/bushnell_.22_rimfire_scopes.htm

In my opinion having looked through and used a goodly number of scopes, in the sub-$100 range, Bushnell is the best brand generally. The above link has two silver rimfire scopes. One a 4x for $29.95 and one a 3-9x for $39.95 both with rings I believe. Personally if going this cheap I would go with the 4x. Less to go wrong inside a fixed scope. But the 3-9x might be okay. The outer cross-hair on these is not much thinner than the Simmons, but the inner cross hair is thinner. You also might find these at Walmart where you could look through and compare them to what you have. Or at other local chain sporting goods stores.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.