Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is the curved 6 round type. Numrich had one but the two pieces of metal that protruded from the sides of the base plate kept it from seating in the mag well. Numrich says that they do not have anything else similar. Thanks, John

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I ordered the curved one it also listed since the original is curved. It looked like the original but has two small extensions on the side of the baseplate that would not let it seat in the mag well. I also found the same mag at brownells. I might be able to cut on it to make it fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a H&R Plainsman 865 and just got the (Old style curved) Mag from Gunparts and it fits fine. The base of the mag does not even come close to hitting anything when the mag is fully seated. They make 2 different mags for the 865 (old style curved) and (new style straight) maybe yours is the new style?
I would call them up, if your not sure of the type, maybe they can tell by serial #. Good luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GoNavy said:
I also have a H&R Plainsman 865 and just got the (Old style curved) Mag from Gunparts and it fits fine. The base of the mag does not even come close to hitting anything when the mag is fully seated. They make 2 different mags for the 865 (old style curved) and (new style straight) maybe yours is the new style?
I would call them up, if your not sure of the type, maybe they can tell by serial #. Good luck.
Thanks, you were right, I ordered the straight one and they enclosed a note which said, "Original H&R magazines are no longer available. We can provide replacement magazines that will fit and function in your gun...the replacement has a spring spacer assembly to properly position the magazine and is dissimilar to the original...." Yes, and yes it works. The rifle is for my friend's son I am so thrilled we got it working Thanks again for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.