Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello CZ people
I have a cz American 22 mag. Great gun, action has 2 screws and a good shooter. I am concidering getting an 17 hmr in the varmint model. I live about 60 miles from a gun shop that sells them and need some information. The CZ website does not answer my main question. Here is what I want to know. Does the varmint have two screws that attach to the action like my American? I like the two screws in the action, not one in the action and one into the bbl as most of the models have. Can someone help me?
I am going to buy a 17 HMR, just can't decide which brand of gun to buy. I have not shot any of them. I am going to get a heavy bbl model.
thanks
Jim :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
452 Varmint

My 452 varmint has one screw...in the forend stock. There is a spacer between the action and stock, so when you go to adjust the trigger, don't loose this spacer. You can alter the accuracy by messing around with the tightness of this screw. It's my understanding that the American model does not have this set up. Maybe someone can tell us why the varmint model does.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
graybeard, its my understanding from what I have read on this boards that the CZ 17 Hmr varmint does not have the barrel lug. They incorporate two action screws. Totally different from the 22lr varmint.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
270 shooter and vmaxx
Thanks for taking the time to post. That is great news that the 17 varmint has two action screws and not the one action screw and a bbl lug. I have yet to see a CZ that didn't shoot good in 22LR or 22 mag. I guess I need to take a trip and just look at a CZ, a Marlin and a Savage and see how they feel. I have both a Simmons 1048 and 800-116 ( 8-32) and will use one of them on the 17.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Graybeard, I have a new .17 Varmint and it has two action screws with no barrel lug. I thought I had posted that in your other thread, but I may not have. Mine shoots very well.

Chunckchucker

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope the 17 varmint has two action screws, there are none that I could in Austin to be sure. I ordered a CZ 17 Varmint and should get it within a few days.
thank to all who posted

·
Registered
152 Posts
My 452 17 HMR Varmint has two action screws and no barrel lug. My Varmint model has "452-2E ZKM AMERICAN" Stamped on it if that matters. And yes, I like it very much. I hope you enjoy yours!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.