Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all , I need to inlist the help of all my fellow 10/22 fans. I've been thinking of restocking my 10/22 and would like any info you may have on some of the stocks I've been considering. My first choice is the bell & carlson anschutz, but I have read some nasty rumours about quality issues. My second choice is the FA enterprise full profile target stock that I found while looking through my brownells catalog. I have not been able to dig up much info on the FA stock so I am really curious about it. If you have another suggestion for a stock with near vertical grip please let me know. I really like the annie type stocks for the shooting I do, which is mostly informal shooting off the sand bags.Thnx in advance for any input.

· Registered
134 Posts
M-Wingate said:
Hello all , I need to inlist the help of all my fellow 10/22 fans. I've been thinking of restocking my 10/22 and would like any info you may have on some of the stocks I've been considering. My first choice is the bell & carlson anschutz, but I have read some nasty rumours about quality issues. My second choice is the FA enterprise full profile target stock that I found while looking through my brownells catalog. I have not been able to dig up much info on the FA stock so I am really curious about it. If you have another suggestion for a stock with near vertical grip please let me know. I really like the annie type stocks for the shooting I do, which is mostly informal shooting off the sand bags.Thnx in advance for any input.
Take a look at these

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/BrowseEbus/Blasterall.asp

Good luck and let us know what you get :)

· Registered
1,582 Posts
I have 2 of the Thumbhole Anschutz stocks, and 1 of the Oddessy stocks. I like the TH better than the Oddesy.

I haven't had any quality issues.

I think if this is what you want then go for it. I have heard that the McMillan stocks are far superior to the Bells, but at twice + the price, and the lead time.

I will probably buy a McMillan one day, if i get serious about shooting a 10/22 for competition, right now i just play around with them and shoot one in a league, but I'm not that serious about the league, I just like to shoot.

Not sure if any of the sponsors here have them, I have bought mine from S_D_inc (i think) from ebay very good people to deal with and pricing was decent.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked out the link and I like the blaster,it may fit the bill , but not quite what I'm looking for thnx anyway jweinsteiger. Shtrdave you haven't had any problems with the coating on your B&C's peeling or chipping? I've also heard they can be brittle and some what flimsy. Dont get me wrong, I do love the look of the B&C and is what I'm leaning towards right now I'm just trying to dispell any myths. Thanx

· Registered
20,675 Posts
FWIW,

have no experience with the high cost, hi tech stocks, but i always get a t-holer. personally feel better in my hands. just finished an un-finished "blaster" type stock and at first was worried that the cheekpiece would be TOO high, dont like to use high rings and have to stretch my neck to find the scope. but it fits me perfectly. it is hard to buy a stock not knowing what will fit your needs. took a chance and am happy as a pig in mud.

· Registered
6,719 Posts
Gatewood

If you are going to spend close to a couple of hundred on a stock anyway, spend the extra fifty and get one of Claude Gatewood's Offhands. You not only get the type you are looking for, but the guy shooting next to you isn't going to have one. He's got a couple in midnite laminate on his "Ready-to-ship page. He also had a special posted here not long ago, you may want to inquire about it.

http://www.claudegatewood.com/html/ready_to_ship_.html

I've got one of the FA type stocks, and had a close look at one of the brown ones. The finish on the brown (from Brownell's) was cheesier than the factory stock, I sent it back. I've got a factory 20" SS target bull in mine. It's too heavy for offhand shooting in my opiinion. Frankly, the stock looks a bit "clunky" unless you are a fan of that profile. Also, you are stuck with the installed spacers unless you go out and buy shorter retaining bolts, as I had to in order to remove the butt spacer.

Mine is the camo Premeir II listed at hornetproducts.com

· Registered
680 Posts
Not sure how much you are looking to spend but the Volquartsen VX 2500 stock with its machined aluminum receiver area may be near the top of the food chain from an accuracy standpoint for the 10/22. But its price also reflects it.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, those gatewood stocks look like the ticket. Thanks for the info Passinby, I am still pretty new to 10/22's so I have yet to discover all the resources. My rifle has fairly minimal mods now and I would like to step it up a notch. Currently it has an 18 inch Adams & Bennet bbl., Vq hammer, Vq mag release, Vq bolt release, and hogue overmolded stock. All factory trigger grp. parts have been deburred and buffed to produce an acceptable trigger pull. I know it's not much, but it's a start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.