Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a high standard model b at an estate auction for about 40 bucks. My grandad had one of these when I was a kid and I loved it and at that price I had to get it.
Unfortunately I cannot find any dissasembly instructions for this model. It has a safety and what appears to be a dissasembly lever on the left side of the gun. And a round pin on the back of the slide. I haven't been able to disassemble it for cleaning due to lack of knowledge on it

Also I would like to know any info on this pistol I might get. It's very cool even in its condition. I would like to put on new grips and get the gun re blued if possible as it's almost completely in the white now.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I will upload photos later if necessary
Thanks

Premium Member
You have a type 1A takedown version of the Model B. The video posted above is for a type II Model B, and shows the incorrect method of disassembly of your model. The grips appear to be original, but someone painted them brown. They are plastic, so it would probably be difficult to remove the brown paint.

To remove the slide you will first take out the magazine using the release on the bottom of the grip.Then push down on the rear disassembly lever and hold it down while pulling the slide off of the frame. That is all you need to do to be able to clean the gun. To reassemble, start the slide back onto the frame while holding down the disassembly lever. You will likely need to push down on the hammer as the slide is pushed forward to get room for the slide to move forward. When the slide is all the way forward on the frame, hold the disassembly lever down and push in the round button on the rear of the slide. The button should go all the way flush to the slide. Then release the disassembly lever. The lever should pop back up into its normal position and the button should be sticking out about 3/16鈥. Try racking the slide to see if it is functioning properly. If so, replace the magazine and you are done.

This version is known to have breakage of the round rod that stick out of the rear of the slide, likely due to abuse by the owners,. These parts are difficult to find, so be careful with it. Do not tap on the back of the button or it will likely break.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This has been helpful except for one hiccup. My model has no hammer. The most progress I've gotten is if I push the button it allows me to press down the dissasembly lever but then the slide won't come all the way off. It comes most of the way off of the gun but it's like Like there's another peice of the gun locking the slide on

Vendor
This has been helpful except for one hiccup. My model has no hammer. The most progress I've gotten is if I push the button it allows me to press down the dissasembly lever but then the slide won't come all the way off. It comes most of the way off of the gun but it's like Like there's another peice of the gun locking the slide on
We have magazines and parts for the Model B in stock. We also offer service and repairs for the Model B at High Standard FA Factory in Houston TX- Alan Aronstein

Premium Member
Jim, the disassembly lever may need to be pushed down a bit harder to allow the slide to come off. A little penetrating oil may be of help, if the parts are gummed up. Do not push in the button at this point. Just push down the disassembly lever and pull the slide off the frame. This pistol has an internal hammer, so you won鈥檛 be able to see it until the slide is off. When putting the slide back on, the hammer will need to be pushed down slightly to allow the slide to move forward on the frame.

Here is a link to a manual with more complete instructions, thanks to John Stimson: 0292D200R.pdf (histandard.info)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts