Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a Burris Fullfield 4.5-14x42 AO scope to go with a Power Custom base and a .920 barrel.
Originally I would think medium height Signature Zee rings would do the trick, but Midway claims the outer diameter of the objective is 56mm, which strikes me as quite large.

Anyone able to help me on ring height?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Ring Height

kevral,

According to my 2003 "Burris" catalog, the Fullfield II 4.5-14X 42mm AO scope has an objective bell diameter of 56mm...! !

Burris Scope Specifications [PDF]

I would suspect that you will have to go with the "High" Signature Zee rings over the PC base....! ! :)

I have the "Simmons" WTC18 [6.5-20X 50mm AO (63mm OD)] mounted over a TO-9 base [~ .125"] using "Weaver" EXTRA High DTM rings [.560"].

Perhaps someone here as mounted a similar AO diameter scope [56mm OD, not 42mm lens], and can tell you the correct height needed....? ? :confused:

"Midway" has a 'Ring Height Comparison' in their Technical Applications section, where you can get actual ring heights. The Power Custom base is .350" tall // The Volquartsen is just over .5" tall.

"Burris" Signature 'Weaver Style' 1" Medium: .270" (Zee)
"Burris" Signature 'Weaver Style' 1" High: .420" (Zee)
[Measurements are in inches from top of base to bottom of scope tube.]

Midway

Hope this helps some.....! ! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

What I should probably ask: Could someone with a .920 barrel 10/22 (haven't gotten mine yet) please tell me the vertical distance from the top of the barrel to the top of the receiver?

With that information I can run my own calculations on ring height...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kevral,

I've got a PC base and medium Burris Signature Zee Rings with a .920 barrel. Topping that is a 40 mm Leupold scope, and I have approximately .25" of clearance between the scope and barrel. The objective end of my scope has a 2.0" diameter, or 50.8 mm (51 mm for all practical purposes). The radius of that objective would then be 25.5 mm. If you add the .25" of clearance (6 mm) to that radius you could accomodate a scope with a radius of 31.5 mm, but that would just touch the barrel. The scope you talk about has a 56 mm diameter (radius of 28 mm), so with medium Burris Signature Zee rings you should have about 3.5 mm of clearance between the barrel and scope. So the mediums will indeed work with that setup.

Here's a thread with my rifle so you can see how my setup looks:

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19153

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.