Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a joke, I need to know who makes the litest weight gun stocks. I am looking to put my target Anschutz BR-50 and my semi auto 10/22 into a lighter weight class for fun competition with friends. I saw a while back a guy at a gun show with a laminate balsa wood stock with a thin aluminum insert in the reciever area. He claimed the stock only weighed 1.25 pounds.
I did not ask him where it came from, does anyone know of a super light weight full size stock maker? Who has the lightest stock made for a 10/22?

·
Registered
873 Posts
rockyriver just how light do you want to go. How about a 6oz carbon fiber Barracuda. No it's not ready yet but that is the target weight when we get it going. I have made one balsa Barracuda and right off the machine it weight 8 ozs. I highly recommend wrapping in either light glass or carbon fiber to stiffen the wood. I would be afraid to use one without any wrapping. This feature though does add to the cost and currently my fiber wrapped stock have to be painted insted of the carbon showing. I am pretty sure I could do a balsa reinforced and wrapped Barracuda with a weight of under 12 oz. If you really want a light gun get the magnum research carbon fiber barrel and put on one of the Tasco Optima red dot sights. The whole gun should weigh around3 lbs. or slightly more.
Mikey T

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.