Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
tackdriven said:
What is a good affordable scope for a 10 inch contender .22 for squirrel hunting
Thanks
I used one simular to these on a S&W 686 years back with good success. Give them a try!

Simmons 4x32 ProHunter Handgun Scope

Dave Z.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I have a Contender pistol with a Bullberry 10" barrel in .17hmr. I use rifle scopes on the rimfire Contenders and had a 6X Burris Compact on it, that was until I mounted my USNV-440 NV Riflescope on it (evil laugh :D )

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
You do have to hold the scope right up near your eye, eye relief on a rifle scope is usually around three inches. That's why I only use rifle scopes on the low recoiling rimfires. Also, a rubber scope extender is useful. I just can't hold a heavy Contender pistol steady far enough away for the eye relief on most pistol scopes. I did find the Burris pistol scopes to have the shortest eye relief of the major manufacturers, if that is also a problem for you.

I have never really had a chance to wring the Bullberry barrel out for accuracy, but it is a beautiful thing. I was going to work with it soon, but found the need for a nightvision equipped easy to handle package, and the Contender filled the bill. So, any real bench work will have to wait. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.